Dpg Sale: How Bad Did It Hit You? Funny

1. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

How bad did it make your wallet cry?! Mine isn't feeling so hot at the moment :/

Ended up taking my husband so he could help control my spending. HORRIBLE idea! I ended up with a 40 gallon breeder. He ended up with a 20 long and 300.00 more worth of stuff and this gal:

9994af1adfcf251fb738a4611784efe2.jpg

2. PRJ since1990 Member Member

I would like to get a 40B but my wife and I are moving in a year so it might have to wait. They aren't doing the DPG sale on anything higher than 29G at my local Petco. 50% off anything larger. Crazy...

A Chameleon? Wow!

3. TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Sounds cheap to me, last time I saw a chameleon for sale it was something like $500 on its own.:) That must have been 10 years ago.

4. toolman Well Known Member Member

New 40b for my grandchildren :wink:wink:, but my bill was only $89 with a couple plants and odds and ends I can't get at lfs. Going to lfs in a.m after work to purchase stand I ordered? Have to work overtime then.

5. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

Yeah but half off the 40g breeder made it only 50.00 so it wasn't bad at all. Just a little more than a dollar per gallon. Yes, she is a veiled chameleon :)

6. Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

I saw it today. I'd have myself a very large tank right now if my room wasn't upstairs. Grr.

One day I'm going to get big tanks! And buy as many as I can budget for at $1 per gallon sales. I can just picture all the fish I'd be able to breed and keep. XD

Your veiled chameleon is adorable!

7. itsayes Member Member

I picked up a 40B and 20L. I don't have anywhere to put them at the moment but...I...just...had...to...

At the last dollar per gallon I picked up a 10, 20H, 29 and 55!

8. clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

Cute lizard. :) We have a leopard gecko over here. We live in an apartment and are at the pet limit so I simply avoid such sales all together.

9. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

Thank you! And I totally understand wanting tons of tanks lol. I just want a few large ones so maintenance isn't too crazy xD

10. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

We don't pay attention to pet limits. We aren't supposed to have any unless we pay a deposit since we rent out house but we have a german shepard, the chameleon and two tanks that are about to become three tanks xD

11. clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

That makes you the landlord right? If yes that means you are kind of in charge, and your city/town/state probably won't bother with checking your house. See our landlord does inspections at least once a month so we have to rule sticklers.

12. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

Was supposed to be our, not out lol. I am a renter. Luckily our landlord doesn't do inspections so that's a plus lol. She doesn't care as long as we don't anger the HOA too much xD

13. clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

lol yes that pesky "out" was confusing. ;) You are a very lucky duck then. It's so strict here.

14. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

When I was in Ohio I had an apartment like that once before I got married and I'm sure there are others like that just so the landlords can monitor and make sure people are following the rules and taking care of their properties which makes sense. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with it lol.

15. fissh Well Known Member Member

Your on your way to a really bad case of MTS, but remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :rolleyes:
    this is what happened to me the last time I went to the $1 a gallon sale!

DSCN5137.JPG

16. MattS99 Well Known Member Member

I'm going to Petco tomorrow, strangely to buy plants that my LFS doesn't carry. I'd get killed if I brought home any tanks :(. I only have one. I'll look at all of them and get depressed.

17. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

That. Is. Awesome. LOL!

18. Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

Awwwww sadness! I laid down the law and told hubby I was getting a 40 gallon breeder and that was all there was to it xD

19. MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Laying down the law with my mother isn't the greatest idea lol. Even just a betta tank would be cool right now.

20. maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

I'm fighting a terrerium bug, since I have plants leftover from my paludarium build. I managed not to even look at fish stuff yesterday because I was distracted by frogs.

Speaking of which, the sales associate told me they are having half off on amphibians and reptiles on the 15th. I didn't hold off because there was no guarantee my toads would have still been there next week.