Down To My Last Pair Of Rams

1. yukondog

yukondog Well Known Member Member

They laid this morning, after this pair is gone I'm done with GBR, the strain is so week its just not worth it.

2. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Recently made the same decision and switched to apistos. So far I'm enjoying them! :)

3. OP
    OP
    yukondog

Same here, my Borellii's laid, trying to convince the Hongsloi they need to do the same. Next week I'm going to see if I can get the A. Hippolytae to breed after I redo there tank.

4. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Well Known Member Member

Where do you get them from? I’ve never had problems with mine.

5. OP
    OP
    yukondog

Pet Smart

6. AquaticJ

Well no wonder :p

7. kayla.s

@AquaticJ I've heard a number of people from many different locations and buying from many different sources saying the same thing recently. I'm sure there are people privately breeding and selling rams that are still of quality, but it seems to be a trend now that their overall genetic strength is declining (the ones found in large supply at pet stores)

8. AquaticJ

Oh no doubt, and if you don’t have access to anything else then I get where you guys are coming from.

9. kayla.s

Yeah it's unfortunate :p I remember asking my lfs to get some gbrs a few years back when I first became interested. Since then they have new stock of them almost weekly, and every time I go it gets harder and harder to pick out ones that don't look sickly... I'm at the point where I almost feel bad for ever asking o_O I have found a guy who breeds locally that is apparently very good, but I already had the apistos in the tank when I found him:Dso I'm giving them a try. Though if I do get more rams I'd get from the local guy.

10. AquaticJ

I don’t even buy them from my own store, I have a store around me I go to! They even have the black Ram color morph, which I bought. Super healthy.