Down Grading From High To Low Tech For 3 Weeks

TinyWhoop

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i currently have high light, co2 and EI dosing in my 10g. I will be out of town for 3 weeks and thinking to down grade it to low tech while I’m away for easy mantiance. Since my brother can only come check my tank out once a week.

What would happen to my plants? Would they just slow down the growth or would there be any bad effects on them?

Thanks

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
To be honest, there would probably be some negative effects if you completely cut off the CO2. They're used to it, so it would be like a mild version of taking emerged plants and submersing them. If you have the CO2 on a solenoid, I think it would be okay to leave it on. If your brother is coming in once a week you might be able to prep some ferts for him to just add to the tank once a week

TinyWhoop

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It’s just a beginner co2 system and I need to fill up the chamber every morning. I guess I will just slowly decrease the co2 dosage couple weeks before and hopefully lesser the impact.

Jocelyn Adelman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So for that type of system no need to worry about weaning.
Since plants won’t be receiving nutrients, cut your lighting back to 4hrs a day while you are gone, plants should be fine when you get back. Any more then that you may have deficiencies to come home to...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom