Douma Fish

Mark2002

Photoshop it a little bit as I found its eyes looks like rainbow at this angle accidentally.

Attachments

• Douma.png
    Douma.png
    834.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 282A7241.png
    282A7241.png
    888 KB · Views: 43

BigManAquatics

Not sure i have ever seen or heard of this fish. Thanks for sharing!

Ouse

What a cute fish! I haven’t seen this before either and upon looking up ‘douma fish’ I found nothing.

Lorli

Me either. Does it have another name? I couldn't find it on Google image search.

Mark2002

Me either. Does it have another name? I couldn't find it on Google image search.
Sorry I don't know the name as I am not familiar with cichlids. The fish doesn't have this kind of rainbow reflect but in this angle does.
I original deem there will be people understand the anime Demon Slayer. Sorry to mislead you guys but I name it Douma Fish as it has rainbow colour in this angle, similar to a character's pupils in this anime.

chromedome52

It's a Krib, a West African Cichlid. There are various populations of the different species, named after different locations in Nigeria and Cameroon. Just by coincidence, Douma is a location in Nigeria, so using that name could cause some to think it is a wild caught Pelvicachromis pulcher, or descended from stock with a known collection site near Douma.

Lorli

It's beautiful.

Ouse

It's a Krib, a West African Cichlid. There are various populations of the different species, named after different locations in Nigeria and Cameroon. Just by coincidence, Douma is a location in Nigeria, so using that name could cause some to think it is a wild caught Pelvicachromis pulcher, or descended from stock with a known collection site near Douma.
Ah I see. I guess the only clue is in the name as it’s too young to have a distinct appearance.

chromedome52

If the shot were broadside, the ID would be quite evident. I noticed the color on the caudal and dorsal fins, despite the head on angle, and the only thing even close would be a Krib.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
chromedome52
  • Question
Replies
Views
LadfromLondon
Replies
Views
Brenden