Double tank stand 29g 20g long

Ari840

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So I'm looking into a double tank stand for my 29g and 20g long tanks. I came across this one with this guy's review. It looks thin, curious as to if anyone thinks this stand could, in fact, hold both tanks?

mukg

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
no experience with dual tank stands.

It does look thin, and it would have been better with more surface support, but could be ok as long as you place it on wood/tile/concrete surface. Also would suggest placing the lower tank first.

OP
Ari840

Ari840

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
mukg said:
no experience with dual tank stands.

It does look thin, and it would have been better with more surface support, but could be ok as long as you place it on wood/tile/concrete surface. Also would suggest placing the lower tank first.
Thank you for your response! It definitely looks thin but when I read the guys review, how he believes it's steel not iron, I was wondering if it could hold up!

mukg

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Did you checkout the return policy? I would try to use it cautiously in phases (fill with sand, add water, wait some more) and not rush trying to setup/add fish quickly. Probably a fish-less cycle?

OP
Ari840

Ari840

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
mukg said:
Did you checkout the return policy? I would try to use it cautiously in phases (fill with sand, add water, wait some more) and not rush trying to setup/add fish quickly. Probably a fish-less cycle?
I'm not 100% sure I'm going to order yet. I'm messaging the company to find out more info. I'm just not comfortable enough buying without more research. I'll update once I find out anything worthwhile.

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Are you able to build a DIY stand ?

You could easily build a double rack made from cinder blocks and 2x4's.

Paint it all black so it looks decent. You could use a tube of construction adhesive to bond the cinder blocks together.

In my opinion, I would be more confident in a DIY Cinderblocks + 2x4's stand versus the wrought iron stand you linked to. One bad weld on that iron stand is all it takes for gravity to win.

OP
Ari840

Ari840

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Islandvic said:
Are you able to build a DIY stand ?

You could easily build a double rack made from cinder blocks and 2x4's.

Paint it all black so it looks decent. You could use a tube of construction adhesive to bond the cinder blocks together.

In my opinion, I would be more confident in a DIY Cinderblocks + 2x4's stand versus the wrought iron stand you linked to. One bad weld on that iron stand is all it takes for gravity to win.
I wish I could. I live in a small apt with no space to do such projects. One day I plan on building one though

New Threads