29 Gallon Tank Double checking that this is a good stock

FishGirl115

Is this a good stock for my 29 gallon? Tank temp: 76f
6 female bettas (sisters)
10-12 neon tetras
4-10 peppered corys (I currently have four, but they laid eggs so I'll probably end up with more)

kattiq

That looks good, I would just make sure to have a back up just in case the female bettas don't all get along.
What kind of filtration are you using?

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

That looks good, I would just make sure to have a back up just in case the female bettas don't all get along.
What kind of filtration are you using?
AquaClear50

Upvote 0

kattiq

Yeah you should be good.

Upvote 0

Justin2526

Looks good to me! I'd warn about the bettas but if you're planning a sorority I'm sure you've got a backup plan ready to go.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

Hey guys. I edited it to this, still good?
9 female bettas
10 neon tetras
1-2 plecos (rubber lip or bristlenose)
6-8 peppered corydoras

Upvote 0

FishBoy101

9 female bettas
10 neon tetras
6-8 peppered corydoras
What about black neons instead of normal neons?

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

What about black neons instead of normal neons?
Well I already have 4 regular neons in a 10 gallon that I want to upgrade and get them some friends. They're doing great in the 10 with their cory friends, but I figured I'd move them anyway

Upvote 0

Justin2526

9 female bettas
10 neon tetras
6-8 peppered corydoras
Bioload wise that may be a bit on the high side, especially with double pleco. I'd maybe cut off a betta or two and stick with a single pleco. And 6 cories. That still may be quite a bit. I have a similar stocking in my 29 but swap the bettas for only 3 honey gouramis. Maybe I'm understocked though...

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

Bioload wise that may be a bit on the high side, especially with double pleco. I'd maybe cut off a betta or two and stick with a single pleco. And 6 cories. That still may be quite a bit. I have a similar stocking in my 29 but swap the bettas for only 3 honey gouramis. Maybe I'm understocked though...
thank you. I'll just do 1 pleco and 6 corys then. I think you're understocked.

Upvote 0

kattiq

I agree with Justin2526 I would do only 1 pleco- and stick with BN. And you could do 8 cories in my opinion.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

I agree with Justin2526 I would do only 1 pleco- and stick with BN. And you could do 8 cories in my opinion.
I was kinda leaning toward RL because I'm not a big fan of the bristlenose imo it's kinda ugly (sorry if this is offensive) Why do you say BN?

Upvote 0

Justin2526

thank you. I'll just do 1 pleco and 6 corys then. I think you're understocked.
Hopefully. In that case I may go for that pair or single of ram cichlids that I'd love to have, or maybe something else. Though following the 1"/fish per gallon rule im already at around 30...

Upvote 0

Justin2526

I was kinda leaning toward RL because I'm not a big fan of the bristlenose imo it's kinda ugly (sorry if this is offensive) Why do you say BN?
Rubberlips will get a bit bigger and thus have less space to move around and more bioload than a bn. If you get a female bn there won't be a ton of the bristles if that's the issue.

Also, bn plecos are awesome fish and from my experience way more active during the day than most other plecos and therefore more fun to keep and enjoyable.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

Hopefully. In that case I may go for that pair or single of ram cichlids that I'd love to have, or maybe something else. Though following the 1"/fish per gallon rule im already at around 30...
Most people don't follow inch per gallon since it doesn't have anything to do with fishes size but their bioload
Rubberlips will get a bit bigger and thus have less space to move around and more bioload than a bn. If you get a female bn there won't be a ton of the bristles if that's the issue.

Also, bn plecos are awesome fish and from my experience way more active during the day than most other plecos and therefore more fun to keep and enjoyable.
Okay, thank you.

Upvote 0

kattiq

That rule is not very accurate to follow. You go by filtration needs and what the fish need individually according to their bioload, growth and behaviors.

I say BN because they are smaller than RL. BN only get 3-5 inches while a RL can max out at 7 inches. 29g is sort of on the small side for them to begin with. And no offense whatsoever

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

That rule is not very accurate to follow. You go by filtration needs and what the fish need individually according to their bioload, growth and behaviors.

I say BN because they are smaller than RL. BN only get 3-5 inches while a RL can max out at 7 inches. 29g is sort of on the small side for them to begin with. And no offense whatsoever
I will try to find a female then. I agree with you about Justin's stocking

Upvote 0

Justin2526

Now time to make a thread to ask the wonderful people on here if some rams or maybe something else would be able to be added to my tank...

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
FishGirl115
  • Question
Replies
Views
FishBoy101
Replies
Views