Dosing Tri Sulfa, Remove Zeolite?

TankGeek

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm getting ready to quarantine one of my angels to dose it with tri Sulfa. I have put zeolite ammonia remover in the qt filter as its not cycled, and I understand tri Sulfa can crash the cycle anyway. Will the zeolite remove the tri Sulfa meds too?

Cheers.

Heron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I always replace the carbon in my qt tank with zeolite before using meds and I have never had issues. As far as I know zeolite only removes ammonia. But be careful if you are going to add salt to boost the treatment because zeolite releases the amnonia when put in a salt solution. If in doubt do without chemical filtration and just keep the load on the filter down by feeding very little for a few days.

TankGeek

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Do you mean conditioning GH/KH salts or regular aquarium salt that one would use for ich? I wasn't planning on using salt, but have added conditioning salts as my water is pretty soft from the tap.

Heron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Regular salt like sea salt or aquarium salt. If you wish to reuse spent zeolite you put it in a solution of salt water and it releases the ammonia it absorbed.

Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 30 66.7%

Top Bottom