Dorsal fin rip 30 Gallon Tank

1. Marlon Initiate Member

i really just have one question right now my discus fin(Dorsal fin) has ripped or split.
    what should i do and will it ever join back.... sorry if i'm sounding crazy i worrie

i used Melafix just incase any tail rot started

Attached Files:

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

3. Marlon Initiate Member

Thanks Shawnie,

Well i decided to use API Melafix and do some water changes,i think it was my fault last night i was wlk'n pass the tank i think i scare them a bit,being said i just ordered a new 90 gal tank with a coral life cover from BIG AL'S.

p.s MY Xmas gift to myself,maybe i'll do some aquascaping

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

congrats on the new tank!!!!! I hope things look up soon ! and your welcome :)

5. ifixoldhouses Member Member

1 tbs of uniodized salt per 10 gallons will fix it right up.

6. Marlon Initiate Member

Thk for the tip,but i already used melafix with my panicy self can i still put the salt or should i continue with the melafix treatment.Next thing i had betta's: that had rip tails and in time they heal and joined back will this also happen to my baby!! :;fb:;f:;fg:;fr

7. crazy4fish_123 Member Member

i hope the new 90 gallon works out and you may want to try aquabid.com

8. Marlon Initiate Member

Well Folks its the second day with a 20% percent water change and using Melafix and let me tell u the fin has started to show signs of joining, i'm so happy too see these improvements

9. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello marlon. Beautiful Discus. The fin should heal nicely with some TLC, water changes keeping his/her water pristine. I'm glad to hear you're seeing improvement already. Too, you might want to try adding a drop or two of garlic juice into the tank or even adding some to the fish food. Garlic is an immune system booster for fish and humans too. Vita Chem is also a good additive.
    Ken

10. Marlon Initiate Member

Well with some TLC it worked out he/she is all better thk's fishlore..

Attached Files:

11. Marlon Initiate Member

Watchful Eye

Well fin healed up nicely.....i've been watching him/her and i'm pretty sure i've not seen him/her eat, I'm monitor'n for a bit his fins are all up and looking fine as pic shows but no eating?????(Any Clue's)

Is he/she stressed or is it something else,for sure discus takes up all my time when does it stop..

Should i try some salt..........

12. ifixoldhouses Member Member

turn up the temp to around 90 for a few days and feed california blood worms
    hikari brand is the only kind they will eat, I get them at Petsmart.