Dorm room fish tank? fish sitting?

tiktaalik

I did my entire first year of college online and didn't realize how much fish tank maintenance helps me with routine and structure until I moved out and left my tanks behind. I'm currently in the dorms for a summer semester and am really suffering from a lack of routine that taking care of my fish at home provided me....
So I will be dorming next fall and spring semesters, and was thinking of getting a tank set up in my dorm room (up to 15 gal allowed) because 1. I miss taking care of fish and 2. they really help me with my mental health and structure in my life.

But the main issue is that I don't plan to just abandon my fish after 9 months, has anyone ever had dorm room fish and what did you do with them during summer vacation? I would have to move out for summer so where could I keep the fish, potentially? My school is 1.6k miles away from home so I don't think I could take them back home with me...

DreamWolf

I kept 4 tanks in my dorm room when I was in college. They were all freshwater planted tanks. I understand how it helped you, I enjoyed having mine as well, gives you balance
When I would leave on trips and such my room mates or my boyfriend would feed the fish for me. Not sure what you could do with them if you had to move out for the summer, maybe work out something for summer break with your lfs?

Upvote 0

tiktaalik

I kept 4 tanks in my dorm room when I was in college. They were all freshwater planted tanks. I understand how it helped you, I enjoyed having mine as well, gives you balance
When I would leave on trips and such my room mates or my boyfriend would feed the fish for me. Not sure what you could do with them if you had to move out for the summer, maybe work out something for summer break with your lfs?
oh that's a good point, I could ask a lfs probably! i'll keep that in mind

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bryangar
Replies
Views
jdhef
Replies
Views
BobRocio