Don't know what to do...

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I have a 29 gallon and a 5 gallon, and I fully intended on stocking the 29 gallon and having the 5 gallon for a betta... But now I have a problem.

So today I got 2 endlers and was going to put them in, knowing beforehand that there is a high chance of the male endler breeding with my female guppy. I didn't really have a problem with this. However, now that I have them home, something has come over me and I don't want to interbreed them anymore. I really like the endlers, and I don't want to part with my guppy, I've had her for 5 months and she has been a good fishy

Ideally... I wanted to get a 10 gallon and move either the guppy or the endlers into it so they were separate, but the only place I could really put a 10 gallon is where the 5 gallon currently resides... And I don't want to give up the 5 gallon because I want to have a betta friend!

I don't know what to do... The only option that comes to mind is that my boyfriend's mom (the tanks are at his house) said in passing that she wanted a small indoor waterfall or a small fish tank upstairs... So maybe she wants the betta tank upstairs and I could look after it up there? I don't know what to do

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sorry to hear that you're stuck with this problem

I wouldn't be able to part with a fish I've had that long, so I don't blame you for not wanting to. Is it possible to return the endlers to the store? You may not get your money back, but it would solve your problem.

By the way, I commend you for not wanting to interbreed the gups and endlers I'm one of those people that believe that they shouldn't be interbred at this stage due to the endlers almost being extinct and not well established in the aquarium trade. One of those issues that I feel really strongly about since I first researched endlers and was told by my LFS that they wouldn't order me any if I also had guppies. I ended up buying from elsewhere, but the lecture stuck in my mind and made me do a bit more research.

Sorry, I'm getting carried away

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm gonna try and get my boyfriend to ask his mom about having the 5 gallon upstairs. His dad likes fish too, apparently used to keep them. He helped me boil the rocks and driftwood I put in my 29 gallon...

That is the option I have the most hope for!

I probably could return the endlers... But now I'm kind of attached to them too! I love watching the female peck at the little bits of algae growing on the plastic plants in the QT tank... And the male is trying to eat a piece of poop that is hanging off of her butt

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
An update! -

As quickly as I posted this problem, I solved it for myself!

I figured out that if I move a love seat that is against the wall over as close as it will go to the computer desk, I can get a small table and fit the 5 gallon between that chair and the entertainment unit!!

My boyfriend has agreed to this too... He was leery of having water near his electronics, but unless the tank EXPLODED there is no way they would ever get wet. And I do not plan on having the tank explode

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Awesome! Glad you've worked out a solution you're happy with

I love my little endler guys, they're so cute Not to mention very pretty!

Shine

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Great that you've solved your prob! I had a similar dilemma; I've found that kitchen counters are perfect for small tanks

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Have you considdered a chastity belt?

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jaysee said:
Have you considdered a chastity belt?
Are you selling yours?

-Lisa

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Kunsthure said:
Are you selling yours?

-Lisa
Let's be reasonable...there's no way a guppy is going to fit into mine....plus it's a female

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Haha oh I wish that were an option... Actually since last night we're kind of in a limbo because 3 tanks might look funny in the basement, it's not that big, so we're gonna ask his parents if they're interested in having it upstairs, or might try and trade in the 5 gallon towards the 10 gallon for an endler home! Not sure... Might end up keeping all three. I'm horribly indecisive, and I feel bad cuz my boyfriend wants me to be happy so even if he doesn't really like it he'll let me get it

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads