Don't Know What To Do With This

1. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Yesterday was my birthday, and I was gifted a $30 gift card to a place that I try to avoid... Petco. I can't return it because my mother gave it to me. I know the dollar per gallon is on, but I can't get any more tanks. What should I do with the money?

2. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Buy food or hardware?

3. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

buy products such as food ,de-clhorinator , filter media or keep it in case you need meds ect..

4. OP
    OP
    MattS99

Forgot to mention that I'm all stocked on meds, conditioners, etc. I went on a slight shopping spree an the real LFS. I might just give it back.

5. Kellye8498

Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

Just put it away. You never know what the future may hold. If a tank springs a leak or you decide you really want some plants or you need to replace a bulb in a tank...you will be glad you have that card.

6. DHIWZ

DHIWZ Member Member

If it's a gift card the money has already been given to Petco, so you might as well spend it. I'd personally get a nice 5 gallon tank and rescue a Betta in a cup if you had the room for it. If not, get a nice 5 gallon tank, rescue a Betta and give it to a friend as a gift.

7. Fashooga

Fashooga Well Known Member Member

Don't you have another animal like a dog or a sibling you could give a rawhide bone to?

8. OP
    OP
    MattS99

I'd kill for another tank, but I've been hearing 'one is enough!' for my whole life. And my friends aren't trusted with fish...

9. Merryn O'Shea

Merryn O'Shea Member Member

I agree with the above. Keep the gift card and use it if something happens, like your filter breaks or you need to purchase treatments. Think of it as a back up almost.

10. s

smee82 Well Known Member Member

1st Be thankful your mother loves you enough to buy you a birthday gift and that you have pme to buy you a gift. Them go to petco and buy something or yourself or somebody else or regift the card itself

11. JesseMoreira06

If you want I can send you my address , I would be more then happy to spend the money on your behalf for my aquariums. hahaha

12. OP
    OP
    MattS99

I'll probably just save it at this point. There's nothing for me at Petco at the moment, so I'll just wait until I need food or Stress Coat or something.

13. 2

29balarangst Initiate Member

Do you use fluorescent lighting? Tubes should be replaced periodically, so maybe the gift voucher could be used for this.

14. tommywantfishy

tommywantfishy Well Known Member Member

One is never enough. Multiple tank syndrome will seek you out. Its like being an addict......but with fish. And no repercussions except maybe some water damage, and a learning curve ha for your newly themed/scaped tank. I would get a 29g high. Great size tank and very flexible.

15. bopsalot

bopsalot Well Known Member Member

Donate the entire amount to the hungry/homeless pets charity at the register.

16. DHIWZ

DHIWZ Member Member

Wasn't aware this was a thing! Yeah I'd totally do this too if I was OP

17. BettaPonic

BettaPonic Well Known Member Member

MTS hides in the corner and gets closer and closer to us everyday.

18. OP
    OP
    MattS99

I'm 17 and live with my parents. Not my rule. Trust me.

19. JesseMoreira06

Freaking parents, appreciate them you only have two...Thank God right...:p

when your older and you have your own kids you will understand the struggle of being a parent , rewarding and beautiful but sooo many headaches.

20. tommywantfishy

tommywantfishy Well Known Member Member

Save it for a rainy day.