Dollar per gallon sale?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ashleyb, Jun 27, 2016.

1. ashleyb

ashleybValued MemberMember

I've seen the dollar per gallon sale mentioned on here and that is was supposed to start today. Does anyone know if it's on? I checked petco's website and there is no mention of it. Anyone know? Dying to get my hands on a spare 55 gallon!

2. Gena

GenaWell Known MemberMember

Petco doesn't do it online because the purpose of the sale is to get people into the store. Also, I think shipping costs are cheaper to the store. Petco's website already doesn't sell most of the tanks the store sells. They only sell the prepackaged ones that come with hoods, lights, etc. The dollar per a gallon sale is just the tank. Nothing else.

3. OP
    OP
    ashleyb

Oh, okay. I was aware that it's just the tank, I was wondering if anyone knows if it's active right now or not. I tried to call the one 35 miles from me and I kept being put on hold.

4. Cef

CefValued MemberMember

That is weird, supposed to have started already. Been seeing some post online people buying all over there in the u.s. Some have even bought a 75 if a store has them (read it was limited to this sale due to finding dory movie).

5. OP
    OP
    ashleyb

I'm going to make the drive tomorrow to see! If they have a 75g I will happily take one off their hands!

6. KwigWell Known MemberMember

Hm. I've never seen the 75 being offered in the sale.

7. Cef

CefValued MemberMember

this dude bought a 75g at a dpg sale. Source :  

8. OP
    OP
    ashleyb

Whooo! Now how much is a hood for that bad boy? Lol

9. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

I looked in my emails from petco and found they are going to have an "aquatics" event, which is going to be 20% off of plants, fish, and invertebrates. It has the dollar per gallon sale listed, just no the dates for it...the 20% off runs from 7/8-7/10. 15% off of aqueon water care and filter products. 20% off of kaytee kits (they look like mouse or hamster cages from the picture they used) and 20% off of higgins sunburst small animal and bird food...these all require a pals reward card (or phone number if you have gotten a reward card and it has been a couple months they can look up your number).

10. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

I've pretty much saw the same thing - maybe it differs from state to state?????

I'm in California and nothing here on my local ad. I don't have a petco close by so not going to go there unless I know the sale is on.

11. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

They normally list a time frame though, i mean i was at my local petco and didn't see their normal dollar per gallon signs (which they hang over the shelved glass tanks and on little triangle pieces near the front), that was sunday. and nothing.

12. Airth

AirthValued MemberMember

The only thing on tanks that I've seen for Petco is in their ad for my area. Open top tanks 20% off.

13. JeffK

JeffKWell Known MemberMember

I was in my local Petco tonight (PA) and yes, the dollar per gallon tank sale is on!

14. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

What part of PA? I looked at the online circulars for the Petcos in the Lehigh Valley and they all say 10% off tanks. Same thing in North Jersey.

15. Grimund

GrimundWell Known MemberMember

Where? I'm central PA here but haven't been able to pop into one

16. Five 97

Five 97Well Known MemberMember

Yes! does that mean there on all over the states as well?

17. OP
    OP
    ashleyb

I'll be going to the Petco in Wilkes Barre/Scranton tomorrow. I'll report with news! So many PA folk on here, I never knew!

18. Grimund

GrimundWell Known MemberMember

If only it didn't take hours to go from one end to the other we could do a PA Fishlore meet!

19. OP
    OP
    ashleyb

Oh and for anyone who doesn't mind a drive, That Fish Place That Pet Place in Lancaster right outside Hershey is AMAZING. They have a really amazing selection of live fish, a frag room and half of the warehouse is for saltwater. I find their products to be really cheap too, cheaper than I can find on Amazon. I make the two hour drive just to go to this store!

20. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

We're coming outta the woodwork!

Maybe they're not advertising it on the online local ads. Maybe we just have to show up! I'll check out the Petco by my work over in Jersey tomorrow on my lunch break.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice