Dollar Per Gallon & discount Tank Sales - Page 33

Z7What

I tried several different stores. it works for the other size tanks, like the 29 and 55, but not the 75, for me anyways.

Well I stand corrected! Just tried to check out with a 75G and as you said, you can only purchase in the store.

Wayne

Guppygirl88

Following just cause these always turn into funny threads! Thanks for the heads up Skavatar!! Now lets go everyone it's time for tank upgrades and new tank build threads!! Get outta bed and go Buy Buy Buy!!!
@Kallililly1973 you might be turning into a capitalfisht

Annie59

I'm pondering about getting either a 40 breeder or 20 long. I actually think those are the only two sizes I don't have in my basement rotfl. One never knows when one needs a special size tank!

My husband refers to me as a tank horder, I don't know why, could be because I have like (I think) about 7 tanks in my basement now not including the 2 I have up and running.

Oh yea, and the couple out in my garage. Dang I have a lot of tanks, but that's what happens when you been in the hobby for hundreds of years I guess!

Skavatar

got the 75 gallon setup, took 5 hrs to do everything.

the whole process here, all photos added: https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/diy-concrete-stand.399509/

full.jpg

Annie59

So is the 40 gallon breeder tank the one showing up online at Petco? I don't see a size on it. I am going to get it online to save my extra 10 % but I want to make sure it's the breeder tank.

Skavatar

So is the 40 gallon breeder tank the one showing up online at Petco? I don't see a size on it. I am going to get it online to save my extra 10 % but I want to make sure it's the breeder tank.

yes it is the 40 Breeder

Cichlidude

So how's the AC 70 working out for ya?

Skavatar

So how's the AC 70 working out for ya?

the gap is too small or the rI'm is too wide, the intake U tube had problems lining up properly. but got them working for now.

the glass is so thin, but the trim is so wide....uggh

full.jpg

kallililly1973

@Kallililly1973 you might be turning into a capitalfisht
If that's a good thing i'm all for it

Cichlidude

the gap is too small or the rI'm is too wide, the intake U tube had problems lining up properly. but got them working for now.

full.jpg
My tank had the same problem. Took a Dremel tool and notched out plastic on the tank rI'm to make it fit. BTW... Don't have that problem with Tidal filters... ;-).

Skavatar

My tank had the same problem. Took a Dremel tool and notched out plastic on the tank rI'm to make it fit. BTW... Don't have that problem with Tidal filters... ;-).

I may have to try that, it mainly affects the intake tube side, pushing the tube out. thanks

coralbandit

I too have notched the rI'm inside to fit my AC 70s on my Deep Blue 60 gallonand 80g tanks ..The bands and rims are very wide ..Even the 110s just barely fit without alterations .

Minxxy

The stands are on sale online not in store but they match so saved 50 bucks on tank and 30 bucks on stand

Ulu

****? No 40s or 55s available here. 29 is the largest tank on the floor.

Also, looking for fish food, I found out that half of the stuff on the shelves is expired or just about to.

I found a couple overpriced bags of Bug bites that are still good until Christmas. They didn't have any big NLS pellets, and all the big Omega one was out of date.

I'm just going to give up and start ordering from chewy.

I had to complain to the manager because when you're paying $50 a pound for fish food you expect to be fresh.

Ulu

full.jpg
I have two of those 55s my own self, and they are very thin but they are tempered glass. If you ever break one you won't be stabbed in the neck by giant shards of glass.

The new setup looks pretty good but she's going to be loud with four filters going.

DarkOne

I was at one the smaller Petco's near me and they had at least 12 75g, 10 55 gallon and 10 40b. Some of the aisles were blocked with tanks.

DeniseF

OMG I am so jealous, we don't have those here. I know I would be the same.. instead I have to spend literally hours scrubbing second hand tanks I bought and they aren't really the perfect ones I wanted.. I just have to make do! In the UK that would set you back at least a thousand!

Triggerman

this is what happed at my last dollar sale that I will ever go to !!!!
DSCN5137.JPG
You put them too close together they made babies

Mcasella

Dollar per gallon for 10-29, 50% off for 40-75g (they included the 75 straight from the start this time instead of waiting halfway through). Makes the 40 gallon 50$, the 55 gallon 65$, and the 75 is 90$(? might be a little higher).

DarkOne

Dollar per gallon for 10-29, 50% off for 40-75g (they included the 75 straight from the start this time instead of waiting halfway through). Makes the 40 gallon 50$, the 55 gallon 65$, and the 75 is 90$(? might be a little higher).
I think the 75 gallon is on sale mostly in the summers. It was $95 at the store I went to.

Girlygreen

I found that I saved even more if I bought online and pick up in store. Because there was a 10% off on online orders. I didn’t have to worry about my local store running out.

Donthemon

Th
You know, Aquarium Co-Op on YouTube mentioned this the other day, and I've been keeping my eye out, but my local PetCo hasn't said anything about it. I might have to call. I was planning on making a trip today but I only got a few hours of sleep, my allergies are acting up, and I did a huge grocery shopping trip yesterday, so I might just be lazy today xD
I don't even have room nor should I be spending more money on fish things, but I'm having issues with some fish getting along and had to put a few in quarantine, plus I could use a bigger tank for the month old platy fry to grow in. I might have to have a tank on the ground.

Edit: nevermind, just checked the circular ad online and they just changed it to today to list the sale. DPG is only for 10, 20, 20L, and 29 though.
They still discount the 55 gallons for like 65 dollars.

ReefShark

PETCO in Homestead, FL will not honor their online advertised prices for live fish. They were rude about it too.

nikm128

To my knowledge no pet chain does that for fish, they even say it on the website

J. MacGregor

I've still got a 20 long that is sitting empty that I bought at this time last year. The three 10's and the other 20 long that I bought at the same time have all been filled.

It's a good tank for the money. What hurts the pocketbook is all the things that go on it and in it.

If I recall correctly Dr's Foster and Smith will have their Versa-Tops on sale around this time also so if you need a lid that might be a good place to start looking.

Drs. foster and Smith sold out to petco!

DarkOne

DFS was merged into LiveAquaria

Carolyn Underwood

this is what happed at my last dollar sale that I will ever go to !!!!
DSCN5137.JPG
That is truly hilarious, just hilarious!

ReefShark

To my knowledge no pet chain does that for fish, they even say it on the website

If their website says a fish cost $45, why would they not sell it for $45?

nikm128

I really wish I could answer that, someone that actually works there would be the only one that could. But you could also ask why a marineland 350 is $70 in store, but $45-50 online, but you can get it for the online price if you show the cashier the website.

DarkOne

Livestock isn't ordered from the same place for each location so they have local pricing. The good Petco near me orders from 3 different suppliers while a smaller one only orders from 1 main supplier.

YATT

Only one store around me apparently carriers 75 gallon and they are all out with no way to know if they’ll get anymore!

Skavatar

bump for anyone else looking to upgrade a tank or two or ten lol

bettabo1

I said no more tanks, but then I saw the dollar per gallon sale started online. So I bought a 29 gallon to replace my 20 gallon tall tank.

Just wanted to let everyone know the dollar per gallon sale is going on online at petco.

Coradee

Pfft! We don’t get any of these good deals over here

gandalf1420

Yes! Thanks bettabo1!

BlackSkirtTetra

Quick Question: When is the dollar a gallon tank sale at petsmart/petco?

Vinh

Still going for some bare tank at petco...check it out...but you got to be their member sign up for what ever free promote program pal mate or some thing they have before buy to get the 50% discount that make 1$7 cent a gallon...tax payer ?

Rcslade124

Petco is doing dollar per gallon upto 29 gallon and half off bigger tanks until Nov

coralbandit

Possibly the leading cause of MTS ...

Similar Aquarium Threads

10 Gallon Tank Petco Ten Gallon Tank/$10
Replies
Views
Cichlidude
Replies
Views
Pescado_Verde
Replies
Views