Dollar Per Gallon & discount Tank Sales - Page 19

Gena

YAY! My DPG tank is nearly setup! All that is left is to buy a background, wait for the Finnex light to come in the mail, and get plants and teh fishies! I'm going to do insert cycle from my 30 gallon via ceramic biomedia. I think tomorrow I'll get the fish! They'll be in the dark for a few days. lol. I got a double decker minI cichlid hut a few weeks ago that I put in there. I think the dwarf puffies will like that.

Sammy is getting neighbors!

BornThisWayBettas

Wonder what she thinks of sharing her owner with other puffers.

thefishdude277

I keep wanting another 10 gallon or 5 gallon, but I've already taken up a lot of space in my apartment for fish
I NEED ANOTHER BETTA TANK!!!!!!!!!

kidster9700

5g aren't included in the sale, I think. So you're safe.

thefishdude277

5g aren't included in the sale, I think. So you're safe.

Not really, I want a 10 gallon soooooo badly

kidster9700

Not really, I want a 10 gallon soooooo badly

Uh oh! But you can remind yourself it's only $5 off... Even though that's like 30%.

Dom90

Best deal I would have to say is the 55g, normally they go for about $130-150 I think

Gena

Wonder what she thinks of sharing her owner with other puffers.

Sammy says "No gud runts stealin meh noms.."

Sammy watches the rats so maybe she'll watch the dwarf puffs too!

Demontay1

Nice I wish the dollar per gallon sales where held in Australia

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

yogosans14

Got an email about it. Time to spend some money on new tanks

Dom90

I'm totally boycotting this sale, you heard me! lol

Bijou88

Just as well, your wife would kill you! Not me, I'm getting a 55 gallon to grow my snails out

Jsigmo

Must resist. Must resist!

el337

Ooookay. Looking forward to hearing about plans for your next tank.

GingerFish

Got an email about it. Time to spend some money on new tanks

My petsmart sells them like that too, but all the time.

Jswin

I would like to buy a 55 and a 20 for my first Saltwater tank and the 20 to diy a sump but this one couldn't fit in my fish room and I think my wife would kill me if I set it up in the living room

chromedome52

I need to replace a 40 breeder that I busted while cleaning. The timing couldn't be better.

Dom90

BDpups el337 The key is to avoid Petco, completely forget about the sale and not step into any Petco for the next two months. Willpower! lol

Kwig

BDpups el337 The key is to avoid Petco, completely forget about the sale and not step into any Petco for the next two months. Willpower! lol
What advice do you have for those of us who work at a Petco? Because the MTS is real right now.

el337

I would love a 55 gallon right about now... ugh.

Dom90

What advice do you have for those of us who work at a Petco? Because the MTS is real right now.

Spend your money on other things, make sure you're broke so you can't afford any tanks? lol

Kwig

Spend your money on other things, make sure you're broke so you can't afford any tanks? lol
I just bought a sump, lighting, and versa tops for 55 gallon I bought at the last DPG sale. But now I want a rainbow only tank. I work in the wrong business, lol

Thetanknwebie

For Fishlorians suffering from an overstocked tank or multiple tank syndrome, this is the sale for you.

All freshwater and saltwater fish, live plants and invertebrates will be 20% off January 8-10, 2016.

Aqueon glass aquariums will be $1 per gallon now through January 23.

Enjoy!!

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1451509702.649325.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1451509712.951952.jpg

estellaria

NOOOO... I'm just thinking about all the money I could've saved with this deal. Theoretically, $5 for a 5 gallon tank... ahhhhh :'( well, happy shopping!

Aquaphobia

Pretty sure that the sale only applies to tanks 20 gallons and up.

DragonMage

It's ten gallons and up

shusband

I definitely don't have room for a 40b. I wonder if I can build a double stand for my 29...

Thetanknwebie

NOOOO... I'm just thinking about all the money I could've saved with this deal. Theoretically, $5 for a 5 gallon tank... ahhhhh :'( well, happy shopping!

The smallest tank in the sale is a 10 gallon tank. Just out of curiosity, how much was the 5 gallon you bought?

jroe263

I got my 10 gal for betta last sale they had.

I'm waiting for a local store to have their sale which includes 75 gal tanks. If petco has theirs now, the LFS sale shouldn't be too far off...

shusband

The smallest tank in the sale is a 10 gallon tank. Just out of curiosity, how much was the 5 gallon you bought?

Think they are 12$ at petsmart.

estellaria

Yep, hence the theoretically, haha.
I guess I can't really compare them because it came with a filter and all, but this is what I bought:

I'm pretty happy with it though! It aesthetically looks pretty nice.

clk89

I'm waiting for this sale myself, since I figured out I can fit at least a 20 gallon long.

bizaliz3

I had a very bad experience there the other day. Its a long story, but to skip to the end, be very careful when choosing your tank. They are not very careful when handling those tanks for the dollar per gallon sale. And when they are put on the floor they are often all stacked up on each other and smaller tanks inside larger tanks. Then you have customers moving them around and unstacking them in order to get to the ones they want causing more damage. And to be totally honest, I think the tanks they use for this sale are tanks that were dinged up in the warehouse and repaired. Maybe?

I ended up with a one inch long deep gash on the fingertip of my thumb while inspecting one of the tanks. It was a tiny little smudge on the edge of the aquarium and I rubbed my thumb against gently and ended up with small shards of glass in my thumb and blood gushing down my arm on onto their floor. It was exposed glass almost like sandpaper. It hurt so bad!! It did not look like anything was exposed. I was just seeing if it was a crack or a smudge, or even some extra aquarium sealant. I was not happy with how petco handled my injury at all. I have never bled so much in my life! My blood was dripping down my arm and all over their floor. But they were not very caring at all. They did not offer me to wash my thumb, they just gave me a paper towel and a Band-Aid and sent me on my way.

Sadly enough, despite this, I still purchased a tank. That is what I was there for. But I had to go through many tanks before I found one without damage. And despite all this, I was offered no discount or any sort of concern for my thumb. Imagine if I hadn't noticed that damage and lifted up the tank and sliced a huge gash on my forearm instead of my thumb?

oh well. It is done and over with. I didn't file a complaint or anything. I didn't go to the doctor, but considered it because it looked like I almost needed stitches. But after reflecting on it, I am more and more frustrated with the lack of concern I was given at petco despite how nasty my injury was.

So for those who wasted their time reading that story (LOL) What would you have done in that situation? Did I let them off too easy? Good news is, I did get a tank (number 14 I think? lol) and it has been filled with water for 3 days and no leaks. So I think I got a good one. This was just one petco of course!! I am sure there are plenty of petcos that handle their tanks AND their customers better. But I highly suggest if you plan to purchase at the dollar per gallon sale, inspect the tank very closely before buying it or even touching it!!

aliray

Ouch. That's not fun. Congrats on the tank however. Did you ask to talk to the manager? Alison

el337

That's awful and appalling to hear, esp how they handled it. How's your thumb?

Thanks for the warning too.

bizaliz3

That's awful and appalling to hear, esp how they handled it. How's your thumb?

Thanks for the warning too.

I got progressively more angry as the weekend went on because I was unable to use my right thumb for anything! especially things like CLEANING FISH TANKS which had to be done! All 13 of them. And of course the daily water change on the fry tank. Its hard enough to do a water change with just one hand, but to do it left handed was virtually impossible for me. I couldn't wash dishes, I couldn't do anything I needed to do! I even had to set up a new "fingerprint" on my cell phone HA HA HA

I finally have the bandage off and the cut is finally staying closed! Thanks for your concern! I wish petco had more concern for me!

bizaliz3

Ouch. That's not fun. Congrats on the tank however. Did you ask to talk to the manager? Alison

Thanks Alison!

The woman who "helped me" said I could "call tomorrow and talk to the manager if I want". Tomorrow would have been Saturday. I finally called today. I had a receipt with the time I was there and the name of the person who "helped me" was on the receipt because she also rang up my purchase. The manager that I spoke with on the phone said that woman IS A MANAGER!! So does that mean she pretended NOT to me a manager so she wouldn't have to deal with it?

Anyway, this particular manager on the phone was equally UNconcerned. He said, oh, sorry about that, thanks for letting us know. He didn't ask for my name, he didn't offer any condolence of any kind. I felt sort of dumb. I was asking myself....Why was I calling? What was I hoping to gain? I really don't know! So I told him that from now on they need to put up a sign instructing customers to ask for assistance when handling those tanks. That way people won't get injured and they won't damage tanks while digging through for the one they want.

I am not happy with them. I won't be going back there ever again. I almost want to call the corporate office. But again, I am not really sure what I am trying to gain here. I am really just looking for someone at petco to ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT MY THUMB! LOL I am not looking for money or anything. Although it would have been good of them to offer me a discount on my purchase that day. Or something!

el337

OMG how frustrating. You really don't realize how much you use your fingers for so many things throughout the day, esp when maintaining tanks!! I don't blame you for getting angrier. I would too!!!

Uh, 14 tanks now?! lol What size tank did you get and what are your plans with it?

Similar Aquarium Threads

10 Gallon Tank Petco Ten Gallon Tank/$10
Replies
Views
Cichlidude
Replies
Views
Pescado_Verde
Replies
Views
iancrayguy
Replies