Dollar a Gallon is Coming! YAAY!

jreinhart

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Petco is doing their dollar per gallon sale again. It runs Dec 27-Jan 23. You need a Pals Reward card. It is on 10, 20, 20 long, 29, 40, and 55 gallon Aqueon open glass tanks.

Looks like I'll finally be picking up my quarantine tank.

Aquatica88

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I saw this in my email and am really tempted to just buy the 55 gallon I have been wanting for the longest time. I don't have room for it in my current apartment and I'm leery about putting a large tank on a second-floor (I live in a duplex), so I would buy and store it until I get a more permanent place.

Also, in the event that I don't end up buying it now, does anyone know how often these sales run? I'd hate to miss out if Petco stops having them.

jreinhart

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Aquatica88 said:
I saw this in my email and am really tempted to just buy the 55 gallon I have been wanting for the longest time. I don't have room for it in my current apartment and I'm leery about putting a large tank on a second-floor (I live in a duplex), so I would buy and store it until I get a more permanent place.

Also, in the event that I don't end up buying it now, does anyone know how often these sales run? I'd hate to miss out if Petco stops having them.
To my knowledge they do this a few times a year.

bigdreams

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The sale seems to be quarterly. They will likely have another one on March/April. I would just wait till you move and then wait for a sale to pick up a 55.

Kwig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've been working at Petco since May. We've had two so far. The most recent one was for the 50th Anniversary sale.
Quarterly sounds about right though.

jreinhart

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Went yesterday. The store was fully stocked but there weren't any people buying tanks. I picked up a 10 gallon so I can finally set up a quarantine/hospital tank.

oOBlueOo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm always excited whenever these sales happen. But lately I've been having to remind myself:

Idonotneedanothertankidonotneedanothertankisoreallyhonestlydonotneedanothertankbutiwaaaantone!!!

Sent from my 0PM92 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

bigdreams

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
oOBlueOo said:
I'm always excited whenever these sales happen. But lately I've been having to remind myself:

Idonotneedanothertankidonotneedanothertankisoreallyhonestlydonotneedanothertankbutiwaaaantone!!!

Yeah... I would be up to my eye balls in 55 gallon tanks if it werent for some self control (and lack of space)

oOBlueOo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bigdreams said:
Yeah... I would be up to my eye balls in 55 gallon tanks if it werent for some self control (and lack of space)
I have my whole living room filled up with tanks. I desperately want to move the smaller ones upstairs to make room for another few 55s. I want a bumblebee cichlid tank and another aggressive tank with a rainbow shark. And also a saltwater with a few chromis, and maybe another tank with a ton of c a rdinal tetras.

I have lots of ideas and self control is very hard right now.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom