Dojos before a storm

Discussion in 'Dojo Loach' started by Butterfly, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

2. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Wow that's cool, I had no idea they would be that active. I've never kept dojos before.

3. OP
    OP
    Butterfly

Mine are pretty active all the time especially at meal times but before a storm they constantly go from one end of the tank to the other just flying.

They have pulled up/pushed all their plants down to one end of the tank and since their the only ones in that tank I left them. Here are couple of stills taken during the same period of time.
    I love the one of the smallest Dojo looking at me over the rock.
    Carol

Attached Files:

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Awesome. thanks for the preview!

5. CHoffman

CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

Arent they also known as the weather loaches..lol. Silly things must know more then the weather man most the time..lol. They are beautiful carol. I really love the one of the little guy peeking over the rocks. SOOOO cute.

6. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Awesome Carol! Beautiful Dojo's!

The one sure knows how to pose in the last photo! :)

Ken

7. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Those are so cool.

8. OP
    OP
    Butterfly

Yep their not called weather Loaches for no reason. They react to the change in barometric pressure.
    I read that a long time ago seaman would keep them in huge jars so they would know when a storm was coming up.
    Yep the one looking over the rock is a cutie :) He is the smallest at exactly 4 inches not counting the caudal fin.

Jaysee the fun has only just begun ;)
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice