Dojo Loaches in a 65 gallon

Gameynerd23

Hello. I was wondering how many dojo loaches could comfortable be kept in a 55 gallon tank. I was also curious what good tank mates would be. I was wanting something a little bigger that swims in the mid to top area of the tank, but not goldfish.

Thank you for the help!

Kribensis27

You could probably only go with 2. They produce a lot of waste and more than 2 could overload the tank. For tank mates, I find that larger livebearers such as mollies, platies, and swordtails work well. Platies don’t get very big, but I’ve seen mollies and swordtails especially reach 5 inches in length. You could also maybe do a paradise gourami, as they like cooler water, but I would only do one as more than one will fight.

Gameynerd23

Kribensis27 said:
You could probably only go with 2. They produce a lot of waste and more than 2 could overload the tank. For tank mates, I find that larger livebearers such as mollies, platies, and swordtails work well. Platies don’t get very big, but I’ve seen mollies and swordtails especially reach 5 inches in length. You could also maybe do a paradise gourami, as they like cooler water, but I would only do one as more than one will fight.
Alright, thank you! I don't have the tank or the fish yet and it's still kind of a toss up between a 55 and a 75 gallon. Would a 75 gallon be able to support another dojo loach?

Kribensis27

Probably one more.

Gameynerd23

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom