Dojo Loach tank requirements

Discussion in 'Dojo Loach' started by Canadian Fish, Apr 3, 2012.

1. C

Canadian Fish Valued Member Member

I've been reading profiles for the Dojo Loach. I have seen three of sites that suggest a 30 gallon is large enough to house three. However, I saw another site that said a minimum 100 gallon tank was required.

That's a huge difference. So I'm wondering how large a tank they actually need.

I'm stocking a 36" 35 gallon tank and I'm wondering if I can keep 3 dojos, possibly with some Bleeding Heart Tetras and Harlequin Rasboras.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I have four in a 55g tank and they do pretty good.I personally wouldn't keep them in anything smaller because of their activity level. Mine are about 6 inches.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    C

Canadian Fish Valued Member Member

Yeah, for how active they are and the size they get 55 gallons seems more suitable.

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I love mine they can be very funny. There are several vids here somewhere if you want to look before you decide to buy. they do need to be in a group, not less that three but more is better :)
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice