Dojo Loach I Want To Rescue, But... Help

Discussion in 'Dojo Loach' started by kujapirate1996, Jun 16, 2018.

1. kujapirate1996Valued MemberMember

So I work in a pet store and for a few months we have had a golden dojo loach drained of color and who likes to sit belly up. My coworker keeps telling me to take him, but I have mystery snails, and keep finding conflicting answers as to weather this loach might eat them. The loach is weird but definitely mobile, we aren't sure what's wrong with him (there are other loaches in the tank with normal coloring and movement, so this loach was probably just born weird.) What should I do? I don't want to save him at the expense of the safety of my snails, but if the district manager sees him, we will be forced to put him down.

2. Small TanksValued MemberMember

Yes he will eat your snails.

Also they get VERY large so make sure you have enough room for him.

3. OP
    OP
    k

kujapirate1996Valued MemberMember

That's a shame :c do you think that this is the case regardless of size? My snails are more than an inch each, and this loach is pretty small, maybe three inches...

4. CherieDela

CherieDelaNew MemberMember

I got one at petco that was tiny, about as thin as a pencil and under two inches. In less than 30 days in my tank it got as big around as my pinky and is now four inches. They grow fast and are voracious eaters. Pic is of how big it was when I got it.

Attached Files:

5. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

If you put the mysteries in a ten gallon then they will be safe :)

6. CherieDela

CherieDelaNew MemberMember

Not a very good pic, but you can see how much bigger it is now. Id have to check my receipt but I doubt Im even more than a week over 30 days.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice