DOJO LOACH HELP

katyarowley

Reaction score
So I noticed two days ago some red spots on my dojo loach and thought nothing of it. Yesterday it was as seen in the picture I have posted. I did a 50% water change and treated the water with Melafix and today (day 3) he has not gotten any worse but has not gotten any better either as far as the redness goes. I got my water tested and everything was fine, the lady at Petsmart said my PH is a LITTLE low, so I purchased some "PH Up" which I just put in the tank. Any clue on what this could be?

Attachments

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Do you have your exact water parameters? Its best to test them yourself and not rely on employees that don't know squat. Red stripes/marks are signs of ammonia poisoning. Did they say what your ammonia level was? Is your tank fully cycled?

I would get the API Freshwater Test kit so you know your exact parameters for weekly testing

OP
katyarowley

katyarowley

Reaction score
Blueberrybetta said:
Do you have your exact water parameters? Its best to test them yourself and not rely on employees that don't know squat. Red stripes/marks are signs of ammonia poisoning. Did they say what your ammonia level was? Is your tank fully cycled?

I would get the API Freshwater Test kit so you know your exact parameters for weekly testing
I do not...but my first guess was an issue with ammonia but she said it was perfect! I have had the tank for over 4 months, the fish was previously in another tank for roughly 4 years. There have been no issues with him in either tank until this point! I will try and make a trip tomorrow to get the kit myself. Thank you for the suggestion!

New Threads