Dojo Loach Help

BobbyGregg

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Today my Dojo Loach got out of my tank, still not full shore but there is a void space in my lid. Sometime between 9am and 4pm my loach got out and was found on the floor by the gf, there was no water trail so he was there for a bit. He's back in his tank but there is a lot of white film on him, hes still breathing and kinda just floating there, by the top once in awhile he will swim a little. I know they can come out of water but not sure the time length.
Has any one experienced this, will my little buddy be ok? What should i do?
The white film is slowly coming off.

last pic is of him normal

Attachments

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore!

I think there's a pretty good change the fish will be just fine. My guess would be the white film was a build up of it's slime coat. But a member recently had the same thing happen with his betta, and he pulled thru just fine.

OP
B

BobbyGregg

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
he did start swimming a bit but wanted to be around the top by the bubbles i think for the air, i turned up the bubbles a little and hes resting on my net I have positioned by the top and bubbles, he seems relaxed there and breathing stronger

Noroomforshoe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would add a stress coat product like seachums paragaurd. Though I have read that stresscoat products dont help as much as they claim. I would add it anyway since I already have it.

OP
B

BobbyGregg

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Woke up this morning. My Lil buddy didn't make through the night. I had him for a bit he was almost 10 inches almost the size of a hotdog.
His name was Jasper he was a friendly social Loach. He loved the attention but also loved playing hiding games. He decided to go for a walk yesterday which turned out to be a bad choice. I tried to help but nothing.
RIP Jasper you're my number 1 dojo.

Noroomforshoe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That big and he got out of the tank? I lost a pleco that way, even after blocking evering hol. sorry for your loss, possible use plastic canvas to cover any gaps.

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom