Dojo loach death

1. Andrew Sackett Member Member

I got my dojo loach a couple of days ago and he seemed fine after acclimation he had no signs of illness whatsoever. I woke up the morning to find him dead my water quality hasn't taken a drop at all 0ppm every thing I had done a water change I day ago, but I had half dosed for ick because I saw possible signs of it like scratching but I only put half for my loaches, could he have been very very sensitive to the meds? My other one seems fine can he take the meds better than his fallen friend?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. atc84 Well Known Member Member

The Dojo loach you just bought although acclimated was still adjusting, which usually causes their immune system to not be as effective. Ick meds shouldn't kill the fish, since it's just attacking the parasites, but i could be wrong. Anyways it's possible for other things to injure the fish, it could've physically injured itself, or it was shocked in the transfer.

3. ricmcc Well Known Member Member

I believe that loaches are very sensitive to most ick medications.
    There are some that they can tolerate, but I would research the matter rather closely.
    Fish, like people, do vary in there sensitivity to any given med, but I think loaches especiaally tend to be sensitive.
    Very sorry for your loss.----rick