Dojo Loach Breeding.

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by MelloYello, Apr 12, 2017.

1. MelloYello

MelloYello Valued Member Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry for bad photography they were moving very fast.

Video of him wrapping her:  

Hopefully, you can see that... But, each other my loaches are each other around the tank. The one with out the spotting wraps the spotted one then the spotted one goes off and rubs against plants.

But i was reading that it is extreamly rare and difficult to breed em.

Also they do this around 7 times a minuet.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello,

I would like to say most possibly! Quick question before I make a better guess/answer, have you done a recent water change and used cooler water? That is known to induce spawning behavior. Their behavior seems consistent with spawning.

3. Kolegrundy92

Kolegrundy92 Valued Member Member

Good water flow, drop in temp and good water conditions will induce most fish to spawn! Looking forward to hearing about your results!

4. OP
    OP
    MelloYello

I did do one! Omg this is so exciting.

Will update frequently on results

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  5. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hopefully they will spawn! Keep watching, they're egg scatters and should drop the eggs soon for the male to fertilize. Forewarning, they literally might drop eggs EVERYWHERE around your tank, and they are sticky. Not in one spot (like angelfish, for example) but you should be able to see them doing it. That is so awesome btw

6. Books&Fish

Books&Fish Well Known Member Member

What temp is your tank? I ask because I see you have dojos with angels. I have dojos and want angels, but they aren't temperature compatible. (I'll set up an angel tank someday.) Perhaps they are stressed into spawning continuously because the temperature is too high for them?

7. Mike the fish keeper

Mike the fish keeper Valued Member Member

Fish usually won't mate if they are stressed because they are week. Im pretty sure op is taking great care of their fish.

8. OP
    OP
    MelloYello

Ive got it at 74F middle ground for both species.

9. Books&Fish

That may be the case, but angels require like 80F and dojos need 70F and below, so I don't see where the happy medium is. I am wondering if they are happy and spawning for happiness, are the angels stressed? All references, including other posters on here, say that those 2 are not compatible tank mates. Something's got to give.

10. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I agree, dojos are definitely not temperature compatible with angels. Perhaps though the cool water change moved the temperature into their preferred range and triggered spawning?

11. Books&Fish

Cross-posted. I guess the dojos can do up to 74 comfortably, but that's still too cold for angels. Angelfish

@BottomDweller That's what I was thinking. A trigger. (My quoting feature isn't working.)

12. OP
    OP
    MelloYello

I wont lie, I had read that they where tropical (dojos) and did not realize till recently. That they like cold water

I will rehome the angel asap thanks for letting me know

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice