Dojo Loach Breeding.

  • Thread starter

MelloYello

Valued Member
Messages
256
Reaction score
124
Points
73
Experience
2 years
dbd33bdab893467671169c7c5a072b67.jpg
e6414b542b6a3caacc8a648e4f698079.jpg
a6649f4fc51eb4c8aa824a2d6dfb4990.jpg


Sorry for bad photography they were moving very fast.

Video of him wrapping her:

Hopefully, you can see that... But, each other my loaches are each other around the tank. The one with out the spotting wraps the spotted one then the spotted one goes off and rubs against plants.

But I was reading that it is extreamly rare and difficult to breed em.

Also they do this around 7 times a minuet.
 

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
2,711
Points
453
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello,

I would like to say most possibly! Quick question before I make a better guess/answer, have you done a recent water change and used cooler water? That is known to induce spawning behavior. Their behavior seems consistent with spawning.
 

Kolegrundy92

Valued Member
Messages
105
Reaction score
47
Points
63
Good water flow, drop in temp and good water conditions will induce most fish to spawn! Looking forward to hearing about your results!
 
  • Thread starter

MelloYello

Valued Member
Messages
256
Reaction score
124
Points
73
Experience
2 years
KinsKicks said:
Hello,

I would like to say most possibly! Quick question before I make a better guess/answer, have you done a recent water change and used cooler water? That is known to induce spawning behavior. Their behavior seems consistent with spawning.
I did do one! Omg this is so exciting.

Kolegrundy92 said:
Good water flow, drop in temp and good water conditions will induce most fish to spawn! Looking forward to hearing about your results!
Will update frequently on results
 

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,087
Reaction score
2,711
Points
453
Experience
More than 10 years
MelloYello said:
I did do one! Omg this is so exciting.
Hopefully they will spawn! Keep watching, they're egg scatters and should drop the eggs soon for the male to fertilize. Forewarning, they literally might drop eggs EVERYWHERE around your tank, and they are sticky. Not in one spot (like angelfish, for example) but you should be able to see them doing it. That is so awesome btw
 

Books&Fish

Well Known Member
Messages
652
Reaction score
347
Points
113
Experience
3 years
What temp is your tank? I ask because I see you have dojos with angels. I have dojos and want angels, but they aren't temperature compatible. (I'll set up an angel tank someday.) Perhaps they are stressed into spawning continuously because the temperature is too high for them?
 

Mike the fish keeper

Valued Member
Messages
174
Reaction score
57
Points
38
KeepSwimming said:
What temp is your tank? I ask because I see you have dojos with angels. I have dojos and want angels, but they aren't temperature compatible. (I'll set up an angel tank someday.) Perhaps they are stressed into spawning continuously because the temperature is too high for them?
Fish usually won't mate if they are stressed because they are week. I'm pretty sure op is taking great care of their fish.
 
  • Thread starter

MelloYello

Valued Member
Messages
256
Reaction score
124
Points
73
Experience
2 years
KeepSwimming said:
What temp is your tank? I ask because I see you have dojos with angels. I have dojos and want angels, but they aren't temperature compatible. (I'll set up an angel tank someday.) Perhaps they are stressed into spawning continuously because the temperature is too high for them?
Ive got it at 74F middle ground for both species.
 

Books&Fish

Well Known Member
Messages
652
Reaction score
347
Points
113
Experience
3 years
Mike the fish keeper said:
Fish usually won't mate if they are stressed because they are week. I'm pretty sure op is taking great care of their fish.
That may be the case, but angels require like 80F and dojos need 70F and below, so I don't see where the happy medium is. I am wondering if they are happy and spawning for happiness, are the angels stressed? All references, including other posters on here, say that those 2 are not compatible tank mates. Something's got to give.
 

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,379
Reaction score
5,893
Points
598
Experience
5 to 10 years
KeepSwimming said:
What temp is your tank? I ask because I see you have dojos with angels. I have dojos and want angels, but they aren't temperature compatible. (I'll set up an angel tank someday.) QUOTE]
I agree, dojos are definitely not temperature compatible with angels. Perhaps though the cool water change moved the temperature into their preferred range and triggered spawning?
 

Books&Fish

Well Known Member
Messages
652
Reaction score
347
Points
113
Experience
3 years
MelloYello said:
Ive got it at 74F middle ground for both species.
Cross-posted. I guess the dojos can do up to 74 comfortably, but that's still too cold for angels. Angelfish

BottomDweller That's what I was thinking. A trigger. (My quoting feature isn't working.)
 
  • Thread starter

MelloYello

Valued Member
Messages
256
Reaction score
124
Points
73
Experience
2 years
KeepSwimming said:
That may be the case, but angels require like 80F and dojos need 70F and below, so I don't see where the happy medium is. I am wondering if they are happy and spawning for happiness, are the angels stressed? All references, including other posters on here, say that those 2 are not compatible tank mates. Something's got to give.
I won't lie, I had read that they where tropical (dojos) and did not realize till recently. That they like cold water

I will rehome the angel asap thanks for letting me know
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom