Dojo Loach Breeding?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Junne, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Junne

JunneFishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +1,579
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Anyone here have any success on Dojo loach breeding? I know they are egg layers and I wanted to get my Yetti a girlfriend ( or even my smaller Dojo a girlfriend )

I haven't read too much about successful breeding but it must happen right?????

2. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +4,299
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Dojo Loach
    This is the only site i've seen with a method of how to breed them, but most of them have been accidental breedings?

3. OP
    OP
    Junne

Ratings:
    +1,579
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Thanks - I saw different methods as well - I really want to know if anyone on HERE has had success.....
    It all seems easy enough....

4. Mcasella

Ratings:
    +4,299
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    But if you are looking for more dojos to try and breed I might need to rehome mine, they are healthy and happy..I just don't have a cool enough tank to fit their needs (I thought i did as I researched them but most of my tanks are kept at the high end of their range which is not healthy for them).

5. OP
    OP
    Junne

Ratings:
    +1,579
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Ah thats too bad.... :(

I have a lfs I am going to go to on Thursday that has the albino dojo like my Yetti. I have not found many places that have the Albino's so when I saw this place a few weeks ago and had probably a dozen or so, it got me excited to think maybe I can breed mine! Or if not, just have another dojo that looks like my Yetti. The other dojo I have is black eyed.

yetti and spaghetti 2-2017.

6. Mcasella

Ratings:
    +4,299
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    I think i have the golden form, so they aren't much help. Crossing my fingers that you are able to successfully breed (and that you don't magically somehow get all dojos of the same gender) the albino form.

7. OP
    OP
    Junne

Ratings:
    +1,579
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Well even if they don't breed, its okay..... I was just entertaining the idea that "if they did" and hopefully hear from others who had accidental births!
    Things breed in my tank fairly well ( and mostly unexpected ) so who knows!

Well if you need to get rid of your dojo's, I will definitely accept - :) -

My one golden ( spaghetti ) is 2 years old and never grows! Yetti is about 3 years old and won't stop growing! LOL

8. Mcasella

Ratings:
    +4,299
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    They are both about 2 inches (which they put on since i got them in january, maybe about a half inch of growth in a month), they are still young and so darn cute, they love hanging around on their forest of plants and caves. They don't seem to hide and come forward when it is time to eat lol. You're a bit far from me to drive them. They seem to enjoy their tank even if it is on the warm side of their range, they really dig brine shrimp day.

Become a Fishlore Member