Doing Water Changes With Prazipro

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Disease' started by Lorekeeper, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper Well Known Member Member

I'm currently treating my tank for flukes (my poor blenny had 13 fall off of him in a FW dip - crazy!), and dosed PraziPro two days ago. I know that the general directions are dose once, wait a week, do a WC, and dose again to deal with any hatchlings.

However, I'd like to do a WC today or tomorrow if at all possible, since I'm getting ready to go on a trip and like to have my water as pristine as possible just in case. I usually do 3-4 20% WC's in the days leading up to the trip, and was wondering if it would hurt the treatment to go ahead and do a WC. Prazi is only active for 48 hours, but I know that certain other ingredients stay in the water until they're manually removed.

2. stella1979

stella1979 Moderator Moderator Member

Wish I had some actual data to share with you... You know that I do Prazi a bit quicker than most, and have had success with water changing on day 4 and redosing on day 5. I suppose once water is changed, it hardly matters how much or how many changes you do. Sorry bud, it's all I've got.

3. OP
    OP
    Lorekeeper

Lorekeeper Well Known Member Member

Yeah, thanks. I had actually posted this before I got any info on my thread (or any of the other forums I use).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice