Doing my first fishless cycle with a 5.5 Gallon tank

RamRam12

So I finally got around to cleaning out my current betta fish’s old tank (he’s now in a 10 gallon), and I figured I can fit both on the table I bought, so why not get ready for another betta fish! This is my first time doing a fishless cycle, and I wanna make sure I do it right because I’ve learned from when I impulsively bought my current betta, and I’d rather not stress another betta out by doing a fish-in cycle. So right now the tank is still warming up since it’s only been setup for a little longer than an hour. I’ve already added dechlorinator, API Quick Start, and a pinch of fish flakes to hopefully help kickstart the nitrogen cycle. I also have some plants I bought today that I added to my 10 gallon to grow that I’ll transfer over to my 5.5 once they’ve grown a bit. Any tips? I’ve got kits to test the water, but mostly I’m making this thread in case something goes wrong and I have questions on how to fix it.
image.jpg

StarGirl

You got this! You know the drill and how to.

RamRam12

You got this! You know the drill and how to.
Thanks! Hopefully all goes well! I’d like to be really good at betta fish keeping one day! And the first step is definitely knowing how to properly cycle a tank!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sairving
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
RamRam12
Replies
Views