dogs

1. playdad32 Initiate Member

I am looking for people to chat with on fishlor about dogs.I have a beagle mix boy named Joe Joe.I would like to keep this post running for months so I can learn about diffrent breeds of dogs from people who have delt with them.I would Like To Know About Your Dog Also.

2. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

I used to have a beagle when i was Little :) the best dog ever, he was really playful :) We had to give him away when we moved though. They can be destroying machines though :p

3. playdad32 Initiate Member

the one me and my son has is 7 weeks old he chews up everything.

4. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

aw he's still young :) the firs months are crucial for his behavior later one :) Bolivianbaby has trained dogs and has helped me with many behavioral issues :) i'm sure she will see this thread soon :)

5. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

We currently have 2 nordic retrievers, they are the best, one is 1 yr the other turned 3 yesterday. So very even tempered, loving and docile. If I HAVE to complain, it's about the 1 yr old who goes next door to eat cat poop. Nasty nasty ;:barf;:barf;:barf
    We had a golden before the two we have now who was like living with an abusive boyfriend.
    I have to post a pic of our two:

Attached Files:

6. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

We have two dogs: one is a giant schnauzer named Hagan and the other is a lab mix rescue named Jake.

I've learned with puppies that no matter what you name them when you bring them home, their names are "no, no, bad dog" for the first few months:p

It also helps when you correct them with a sharp "no" and remove whatever they are chewing on that isn't theirs, to give them a toy that is theirs immediately and praise them when they start playing with or chewing on it.

7. ssanubisss Member Member

Beth your dogs are beautiful. I have a chocolate lab hes about 3 yrs old and is great. When he was a puppy we had to constantly be on the lookout for him wanting to chew things up (shoes, electrical cords, belts ect.) and make sure he was chewing on his rawhide treats or his toys. That was the hardest part of getting him trained after that everything was gravy.. Housebreaking, walking, simple commands stay, come, sit,ect. he qucikly got and seemed like he enjoyed figuring out what I wanted him to do and doing it. He is great to be outdoors with just walking running or playing fetch and he is just as content to just lay around all day and watch T.V. he is such a bum sometimes LOL

8. playdad32 Initiate Member

I hav trained him to urinate (pee) and poop on newspaper.He naps almost every 30 minutes.

Anyone else got something about your dogs.

:animal0068:Hello. I've merged your posts to save some space!
    Thanks!
    Ken

9. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

10. play Member Member

I have a yorkshire terrier.Cute little thing