Dog Knee Pain

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
angelcraze said:
I'm glad things are looking better He's such a cutie pie! I'm no vet, so take my words with a grain of salt.

My baby Chelsea is now 14 years old. I have been thru some issues, but I know not every symptom is the same issue, so I'll mention some things that have worked for her.

She was also limping last year. We took xrays and everything, still couldn't find a problem. She tried Metacam (Meloxicam) for a few days, but it was causing her to vomit so I had to stop it and we tried gabapentin (a nerve painkiller). She tolerated the Gabapentin but out didn't seen to help much, so I didn't renew the prescription.

I started using salmon oil in her food. Since last year, no more leg tremors, no more limping, she has lots of energy and she lost weight. She wasn't overweight before, so the weight loss was also cause for concern, but I read that salmon oil can actually decrease weight when I thought it would be the opposite.

I also like the idea of supplementing with CBD, and as long as you don't overdose, it can't hurt. Just check his food to see if it is also included.
Thanks!
Ah that’s great. You must be doing something right since she’s 14! Yay, I thought of fish oil but right now I feel he’s on so much stuff. I’m glad to know it can help though. Weight loss...hmmm, maybe I want fish oil. Haha!
It would be pretty tough and have to be on purpose to overdose on cbd oil (thc free) and I’ve never seen any included in foods. I think he’s responding very well to it. So, fingers crossed

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oops, see my edit. I meant the glucosamine is sometimes included in food. I don't know that much about CBD, about consuming it and whatnot. My bad! It was something I read to take into consideration before supplementing glucosamine.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
angelcraze said:
Oops, see my edit. I meant the glucosamine is sometimes included in food. I don't know that much about CBD, about consuming it and whatnot. That was a mistake! It was something I read to take into consideration before supplementing.
Ohhh..in that case, yes he gets glucosamine. Only just recently though, I noticed his old hip and joint chews didn’t have it so I’ve switched. Could be that helping as well! Thank you.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Floki’s bloodwork came back fine! So if I need to refill the remadyl we can. I’m trying to go the next week or so without it and just use cbd to see if that will work alone. He’s so spunky now guys!!!

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
One month on just cbd oil guys!!! I can’t believe how spunky he is now!! I’m still controlling his movements...can’t allow zoomies yet but he tries! Oh and he’s lost around 6lbs! I haven't weighed him in a couple weeks though, so maybe even more! His appetite is way up since I’ve started cooking his healthy food.

Momgoose56

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
WTFish? said:
One month on just cbd oil guys!!! I can’t believe how spunky he is now!! I’m still controlling his movements...can’t allow zoomies yet but he tries! Oh and he’s lost around 6lbs! I haven't weighed him in a couple weeks though, so maybe even more! His appetite is way up since I’ve started cooking his healthy food.
Yay! I gotta check that out for my dog!

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Momgoose56 said:
Yay! I gotta check that out for my dog!
I totally recommend it, even if just for the preventative measures. My hubs and I also started using it! Lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom