Does Using Bacter AE Affect When You Can Add Shrimp To A New Tank?

Cole23

I have a newly set up 5 gallon tank that appears to be cycled, but is definitely not a mature tank yet. I don’t plan on adding shrimp for a while, because I know most people recommend waiting 3 months at least to add shrimp so that all the biofilm and everything has had the chance to develop and stabilize. I’m dosing Bacter AE every other day and was wondering if using this product that is suppose to develop biofilm and put important microorganisms in the water for shrimp will shorten the time in which it’s appropriate to add shrimp to the tank? Thanks!

wesleyar

I put a two rice sized scoops of bacter ae in a 2 week cycled 55g tank in a span of 2 days and I could feel the biofilm already when picking up decor.

I could be wrong and it's not biofilm at all, I'm new here don't trust me.

Upvote 0

coolio3991

I have a newly set up 5 gallon tank that appears to be cycled, but is definitely not a mature tank yet. I don’t plan on adding shrimp for a while, because I know most people recommend waiting 3 months at least to add shrimp so that all the biofilm and everything has had the chance to develop and stabilize. I’m dosing Bacter AE every other day and was wondering if using this product that is suppose to develop biofilm and put important microorganisms in the water for shrimp will shorten the time in which it’s appropriate to add shrimp to the tank? Thanks!
I have a 20 long with fish and shrimp it's not cycled yet idk about cycling a tank before adding shrimp. But I use bacter ae and shrimp fit daily and my shrimp are a lot healthier I suggest lowering your dosing for a week i just get a small amount in the scoop probably not even a 16th of the scoop. then get a few shrimp 5-10 and dose a much smaller fraction of bacter ae for 2 days then shrimp fit for 1 day. And continue doing that and see how they are doing make sure you dont add much especially if you dont have many shrimp. I dose very very little for my tank and on everything there is almost like a slime growing on the hard decore rocks and glass since I started using it. I can take a picture tomorrow when I dose bacter ae. A little goes a long way I've noticed. Especially with how few shrimp I have right now. I have about 8 shrimp. But since I started using bacter ae and shrimp fit I havnt lost a single shrimp. Matter in fact 3 of the just molted today I havnt had a good molt in weeks. I do believe as long as you dont dose to much then you can add shrimp in a week of lower doses.

Upvote 0

coolio3991

I put a two rice sized scoops of bacter ae in a 2 week cycled 55g tank in a span of 2 days and I could feel the biofilm already when picking up decor.

I could be wrong and it's not biofilm at all, I'm new here don't trust me.
This is how much I use for my 20 gallon tank

Attachments

• 20210626_081219.jpg
    20210626_081219.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Corygal8857
  • Question
Replies