Does This Stocking List Work? What One Would You Go With?

1. New fishes Member Member

Narrowed down my final stocking list to a couple ideas. Does anything sound wrong or one more Compatible or anything?
    55g tank, lightly planted, numerous caves, silk plants, Driftwood ect.
    Idea 1
    10-12 rummynose tetra
    6-8 cpd
    Rubberlip pleco? (Move to cooler tank and sub in bn?)
    Betta fish (can be removed to own tank)
    Pair of Bolivian rams.

This tank has 7 rummy nose, 1betta and pleco in already. They have been together for several years.
    Idea 2
    Rubberlip pleco
    8-12 rummynose
    6-8 congo tetra or flagfish
    Red tailed shark
    Centerpiece fish such as a pearl or dwarf gourami

Does one group sound better than the other? I'm hoping if I go with the first the betta can stay but I Know this might not be possible. Are the cpd ok with the Bolivian rams? Could the shark go in the first group as well or no?
  2. New fishes Member Member

Also would love some ideas for floating type plants that do well with LED lighting

3. New fishes Member Member

Suggestions or comments anyone?
  4. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

The rubberlip, CPD and bolivians would do great around 73f but the rummynoses and betta need 78-80f.

You could do this
    15-20 CPD
    10-15 neon tetras
    1 rubberlip or BN pleco
    2 bolivian rams
    2 Honey gouramis
    15 panda cories
    The rubberlip and shark need cooler water than the betta and pearl gourami.

Flagfish are not schooling fish and may be territorial

A red tail shark can become very aggressive as it ages

Keeping bettas and gouramis together is not a good idea.

I would remove the betta.

5. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Salvinia, duckweed or frogbit?
  6. New fishes Member Member

Thanks. I should have mentioned for the second idea the betta (and possibly rummynose would have been moved to their own tank for the purpose of temp. The first idea was centered around them.being able to stay then looking to re-home the rubberlip or save for another big tank and get a bn or something that might enjoy the warmer water. The info I had found indicated the rummynose and gouramai would do ok in either water temp do I'm glad I asked here too :).

Also as far as duckweed is there a trick to it? Everytime I try it just gets all clogged up in my filter.
  7. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

BN plecos also like cool water, how about a clown pleco?

I like salvinia and duckweed but the salvinia outcompetes the duckweed so I have the salvinia loose around the tank and the duckweed is in 3 breeder nets.

8. New fishes Member Member

Ok thanks so much. Clown pleco it is. I. Thinking the best plan would be to save for a 20 llong or 29 and move the rubberlip over there and get like 15 cpd and maybe the Bolivian rams if they are not too big for the cpd. In the meantime I slowly lowered my temp the last few days to 76 so hopefully everyone is happy with that temporary.i guess my stocking list has to be trashed though :p not really a fan of neons or the Cory cat type fish and trying to stay away from Molly/platty/guppy ect.