Does This Look Normal?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by wrs2, Apr 23, 2018.

1. wrs2Well Known MemberMember

I posted this on another forum, but I haven't heard anything back - so I thought maybe someone here would know!
    :)

New user here - but not new to fish keeping!

Today I saw a Betta and purchased her, but when I got her home, I wasn't sure if this white area on her was coloration, or something else.
    Can anyone please tell me that it's normal and not a disease? her fin looks a bit thick under the white area, but I don't know if it's just a deform or what. I've never kept a 'fancy' female before. I've only ever had veil tail female or a crown tail.

31172312_1021668466302gr8e.jpg31189950_102166846626xoqaa.jpg31224977_10216684661403poi.jpg31282326_1021668466265eojz.jpg

Thank you all for your comments!
    :

2. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Seems odd indeed, but as it is on both sides of the fish it may be normal coloration. Looking from above, do the scales in that one area look any different than the rest of the body?

I think this may be a case of wait and see. Worst case scenario is for it to be an infection. I don't think this fish is marbling as I've never really heard of a cambodian changing color this late in the game.

3. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

Almost looks like a healed wound but it is kind of weird thats its on both sides.

4. wrs2Well Known MemberMember

When I look down the scales all blend in with the others. Nothing stand out at all!

When I got her I thought the Mark was unique but now I am thinking oh darn, did I get a sick fish? I hope not as I think she looks unique and she’s crazy active too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice