Does Seachem Nutridiet Cichlid Flakes Have To Much Protein To Be Fed Daily?

clinty76

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
This is my first time with cichlids, but I have experience in the hobby. I just bought 7 juvenile Yellow Labs that are about 1" - 1.5" long. They are currently in my quarantine tank and have been in there about 4 days. They seem healthy so far, but I just noticed one of them has had long stringy white poop twice. After reading about Malawi Bloat this is extremely scary.

The Seachem Nutridiet Cichlid Flakes that I have been using have 56% crude protein, which seems pretty high after doing some research so my questions are. Here's a link to the food: Seachem - NutriDiet Cichlid Flakes

Here is my current feeding schedule: Once Daily with the flakes feeding them until it's gone for about 2 minutes and then I will skip feeding on Sundays?

1. Is this good food to be feeding everyday?

2. Should I feed them every other day since they're in a quarantine?

Water Test:
PH: 7.6
Amm: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates 3

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
As yellow labs are primarily herbivorous, I'd get them a more herbivorous flake/pellet to serve as the main part of their diet. You could feed them this once or twice a week?

In QT, I'd still feed them every day.

clinty76

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
TexasDomer said:
As yellow labs are primarily herbivorous, I'd get them a more herbivorous flake/pellet to serve as the main part of their diet. You could feed them this once or twice a week?

In QT, I'd still feed them every day.
Do you have a recommendation for the food? I was told by the LFS that they're too small for pellets and I should stick with flakes for a while.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom