Does my Yellow Lab Cichlid look pale?

mtorts

IMG_4815.JPG
IMG_4822.JPG Hey guys does my electric yellow look pale to you?? Do they get brighter as they grow. They just look dull to me and I heard there are lots of cross breeds out there.

ProtimAquatics
Yes, it is looking a bit pale to me. But it looks like a Orange Lab Cichlid.

mtorts
Hmm anything is possible I don't really trust the source I got them from however I see no orange in them just a pale yellow

ProtimAquatics
You have to wait until it colours up. Feed him a good amount of protein and carotene enriched foods. Try NLS, they are excellent foods for cichlids.

mtorts
I've been giving my fish a wide variety of food my tank is all male peacocks with these guys mixed in. The food I have on hand and wanted to finish before buying more is
North fin cichlid pelletes
Tetra min flakes
Brine shrimp
Blood worms (rarely given)
And the occasional veggie peas cukes etc.
Is this ok until they are finished then I can buy the NLS?? Or at least until my pelletes are finished.

AWheeler
I'd go ahead and feed them what you are feeding them until you run out, then get something with spirluna in it (not sure if the NLS has it or not)....are you sure the coloring isn't because it is stressed out from the other fish/not enough hiding places, etc?

fissh
Are these fish new to the tank? If so it takes time for them to color up. Or they came from poorly colored breeders. They are in a group called mbuna and should have mostly vegI based food. any type of worms are a no, no,

mtorts
No they are not stressed at all my tank has tons of hiding places and all the fish are getting along great. These guys were added to the tank around the same time as the others and never really get chased around. When I bought them from the guy his water in his tank was very dirty and they looked pale but I figured since they were so young when bought things would change once in my tank long enough. I understand they are a mbuna however they are the few that are omnivores that's why there ok with the peacocks and there diet.

mtorts
I've had them for about 1/2 to 2 months now

fissh
It could be dull breeding stock.

mtorts
That's a very large possibility I guess sometimes you get what u pay for.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
KinsKicks
Replies
Views
Adelya6511
Replies
Views
ThePuzzleMaker
Replies
Views