Does my White cloud minnow have a disease

Jaspersaitta

Hey everyone.
I have a school of around 8 white cloud minnow I’ve had most of them for around a year, and there gone really well with no deaths and They have even breed a few times and I’ve got lots of there offspring.
But yesterday I was doing a water change and noticed 1 dead white cloud don’t know if it’s related to the other one, and 1 that’s was acting crazy never seen anything like it, it looked like I was trying to bite it’s tail, and was zooming around the tank and banging into objects, it definitely wasn’t the usual behaviour it looked like it had gone insane so I separated it and put some multi cure in the water just in case. It was just laying on the bottom and occasionally doing weird swimming thing like it was trying to bite it’s tail. Eventually I put in back with the others as I though it might be better with rest of the school. I woke up today and they all seem fine I don’t know if it’s alive or dead as I haven’t had time to look around in the tank to see if there’s any dead’s ones. I also had zebra danios acting a little bit strange in a similar way just a lot less intense about a week ago.
So I was wondering is this a disease or parasites fish can get that make them act like that has anyone ever seen anything like that.
Thanks Jasper.

A201

Unless new tankmates were recently introduced, a parasitic outbreak is unlikely.
Changes in water parameters can initiate sudden darting or torpedo like swimming. Swim bladder issues can also contribute.

Jaspersaitta

Unless new tankmates were recently introduced, a parasitic outbreak is unlikely.
Changes in water parameters can initiate sudden darting or torpedo like swimming. Swim bladder issues can also contribute.
I have recently introduced new species, southern Pygmy perch and grudgeonsso could they possibly get it from them.
It wasn’t like it was darting around but it’s movement was very irregular it hard to describe.

A201

You might try "Microbe lift Herbtana". It is very anti parasitic.

sunflower430

You may find if helpful to fill out the emergency template so we have all relevant info

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
oldfishkeeper
Replies
Views
JB92668
Replies
Views
WillR1496
Replies
Views