Does my variatus look pregnant?

mantarae88

I’m hoping so, as I like the red tail variatus and she’s the only variatus left in the tank out of all the platies.
Hopefully the babies will have the variatus colouration. I don’t know if she was kept in a tank with multiple types of platies, or just the variatus type. They can interbreed with all other platies, right?

I don’t have a plan for the fry, as this is my only community tank and it’s already close to fully stocked. So most of the babies will likely get eaten. I’m positive that some will survive though, as I still have a few fry in there from a different batch that somehow didn’t get swallowed. They must be finding good hiding spots.

Attachments

• 1B117A9D-1B0F-4376-B2D2-26D2FC9A1D58.jpeg
    1B117A9D-1B0F-4376-B2D2-26D2FC9A1D58.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 4C304827-565A-402B-8ECE-5ECF5D86B623.jpeg
    4C304827-565A-402B-8ECE-5ECF5D86B623.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 25

jkkgron2

If she was with any male platy then chances are she’s pregnant. I’m not sure what the baby’s will look like but you’ll probably end up with a few looking like her

Upvote 0

Cara

I’m hoping so, as I like the red tail variatus and she’s the only variatus left in the tank out of all the platies.
Hopefully the babies will have the variatus colouration. I don’t know if she was kept in a tank with multiple types of platies, or just the variatus type. They can interbreed with all other platies, right?

I don’t have a plan for the fry, as this is my only community tank and it’s already close to fully stocked. So most of the babies will likely get eaten. I’m positive that some will survive though, as I still have a few fry in there from a different batch that somehow didn’t get swallowed. They must be finding good hiding spots.
She IS quite stunning

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Ronan0404
  • Platy
Replies
Views
FreshFishes
  • leaadams
  • Platy
Replies
Views