Does My Molly Have Ick? What Can I Do? Help

1. nmfsd1 Initiate Member

My favorite Molly has white spots on his tail and his fins, I tried to take pictures to show them clearly but my camera quality is not the best. I've tried increasing the salt levels and temperature, but this didn't seem to work. I also used Aquari-sol in the past but not consistently. Should I try this again? I recently purchased Paraguard it should be coming in two days- maybe that will be more effective? Anything else I could do to prevent other fish from getting infected? The water parameters are normal, I don't know how he got sick! He seems lethargic too, swimming slow and any the top, but not gasping. He used to swim freely at the midsection of the tank, Im very concerned.. Help!
    0aa59756c2354d0fb0adb5572c247f00.jpg 8e75a21eed8c0f4a211ce3bfbc346887.jpg 1d625f826660fc4c5586a15ef7ca49c2.jpg

EDIT: Thanks for the replies! I'm planning to do a water change soon and continue doing the Aquari-sol just in case.

2. BeanFish Well Known Member Member

I personally dont see ich. Pretty fish by the way.

3. bopsalot Well Known Member Member

I agree. I just don't see it, and those pictures are great! I may just barely see some small white somethings... maybe? Doesn't really look ich-y though. If it's ich, it's just barely starting, and you'll know very soon if you need to act. Wouldn't worry too much at this point, just keep an eye on it.

4. Fashooga Well Known Member Member

My Severum gets this once in a while. Sometimes it's a sign that it's adjusting to something in the water. If you haven't done a water change I would do a minor change.

Otherwise I don't think it's anything major.

5. nmfsd1 Initiate Member

Will do!