does my gourami have a tumor!? Help

1. binskiboi Member Member

Help! :;fru my powder blue gourami is soooo gourgeous. He has this flesh colored small lump right below its lips! It is acting normal, and eating normal. water param's are all fine and all the other fish are okay. could this be a parasite, a tumor? its much looking like a tumor, its not very big about the size of its lower lip, kinda gross DX. ty!

~binskiboi

EDIT:AFTER 10 MINUTES I FINALLY GOT A GOOD PIC! :;toast here it is!

Attached Files:

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi binskiboi, I'm sorry your gourami is worrying you. Is it a dwarf?
    can you post a pic? It might help the others ID what's going on.

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with lucy..a pic will really help...also, with the barbs, its possible he could have gotten in a tiff with them

4. binskiboi Member Member

sorry havent been able to get on in awhile i have another 10 gallon. hes in with 4 cherry barbs that arent aggressive at all, ive never seen them go at anything. a redtail shark. and a whisker shrimp ill try and get a pic

got the pic!

EDIT: DOUBLE POST SORRY! :X :;smack

:animal0068:Hello. I merged your posts for you.
    Thanks!
    Ken

5. hooxeii Well Known Member Member

Is the thing solid or transparent? Does it look like it's filled with fluid?

From your picture, it almost looks like a bit of skin that got bit off or something. Could also be a parasite, as someone said.

In my experience, fish tumors usually are under the skin and more rounded, though I suppose anything is possible.

6. binskiboi Member Member

its solid, a tanish color and a small chunky thing about the size of a pen tip
    (not the literal TIP)