Does my fish have TB?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by sha4000, Jul 8, 2015.

1. sha4000Valued MemberMember

I've noticed over the last month or so that my gold Danios have ALL lost a lot of weight and their spines have become bent. There were 3 but 1 died yesterday. I originally used these 3 along with 4 zebra danios to cycle my tank back in October. Recently 4 of my guppies as well as my male Gourami have all went missing never to be seen again. When the guppies disappeared I thought maybe my Angel had maybe killed them and the fish had a feast afterward since the guppies like to sleep in a bush near the angels staked out territory. My angel is now fully grown so I was prepared for some aggression but he has not shown any aggression toward any of the fish except my male gourami that disappeared. My male gourami usually chases the female around but never really nipped any fins, it just seemed like the game that they play. As my angel got bigger it seemed like he wanted to get in on the fun but he can't make those quick turns like the Gourami. The angel would usually only bother the male. Now that the male is missing ( presumed dead and eaten ) the angel chases the female around but doesn't hurt her. Ok back to my original question about the gold danios possibly having TB. I set my mind to euthanize them just in case they are infected but I want to know what the forum thinks is wrong with them. ALL questions and critiques are welcome. I'm having a problem uploading the photo.

2. OP
    OP
    s

sha4000Valued MemberMember

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  3. Chris99

Chris99Well Known MemberMember

My long fin danios went the same way. It is the normal progression before they die from what I've read. It seems a lot of the special bred danios are hit and miss on how hardy they are and may not last more than a few months.

I say just wait it out.

4. OP
    OP
    s

I want to wait to out. I've been sitting here with the clove oil and an ice cold container of water. The gold Danios are eating and swimming like normal they just look like they are withering away with the bent spines.

5. Chris99

Chris99Well Known MemberMember

I think that is the right decision as long as they are still swimming and eating.

6. OP
    OP
    s

Well he just died. he was swimming around this morning but I knew he was dead when he did not come out for food. I had to search around and move the decorations to find him.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice