Does my fish have ich?

1. Jodie237 Initiate Member

Hi so a few days ago I got an orange glofish tetra from the pet store. He was fin at the store and when I out him in my 15 gallon tank he looked alright but today I noticed some white sports on his fins. He has also been scrunching up his fins now and then. He has been eating fine but does it sound like ich? And did I do something to couse it or was it the pet store and lastly if he does have it how do I treat him, he is in the tank with 4 other glofish. The tank is planted and has a filter and heater but not a coal filter. I have had the tank for a little over 2 months. And it was finished cycling when the first fish went in. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Yes that looks like Ich. Treat him as soon as possible before he gets worse and infects other fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Emilynn55 Member Member

Yes he does. I went through this with my first tank start treating him ASAP cause it goes quick once it's there. You may need to set up a hospital tank to ensure your other fish are not infected and treat. I tried to use malafix but it was too late for my little guys.

Emilynn

4. jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

Once one fish has Ich, the whole tank is infected. So instean of putting a fish with Ich in QT, you should just threat the tank the fish was in.