Does my black moor have a disease?

Jennalovesanimals

Hi, I just noticed some white markings on my black moor both in his side and behind his eye. He had the regular lighter color under his belly and so I’m wondering if this is a disease like inch or a fungus or if it’s just that he’s turning white because of bad genetics?

IMG_2785.JPG
IMG_2787.JPG
IMG_2791.JPG

A201

My guess is the white growth is fungus attached to tiny abrasions. Likely no worries.
Keep an eye out for smooth white or gray patches. That indicates a bacterial infection.

Jennalovesanimals

My guess is the white growth is fungus attached to tiny abrasions. Likely no worries.
Keep an eye out for smooth white or gray patches. That indicates a bacterial infection.

Should I treat him with fungus clear or something?

A201

Nope, just keep the tank clean & keep up with WC's. Might use Seachem's StressGuard to assist in healing.

NevermindIgnoreMe

Could be the beginning of a fungus issue, I personally would treat for fungus, and keep the water pristine.

Jennalovesanimals

Could be the beginning of a fungus issue, I personally would treat for fungus, and keep the water pristine.

Hi, after a couple of days it’s almost completely gone which is a relief. I’m doing a water change later today. I do them weekly so my water looks pretty clear.
IMG_2803.JPG

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Goldiemom
Replies
Views
benandjerry
Replies
Views
FreshwaterPhotog
Replies