Does My Betta Have Ich?

Elisa

Reaction score
so today when doing my water testing I noticed Porky has a tiny white spot on his fin. The water tests came out perfect, but he is recovering from when he ripped his tail when I left him with a sitter for a few days. Is this ich? If it is a have a few things on hand, should I use general cure or aquarium salt?
The water has been a bit cloudy from the wood I bought from the aquarium store lately as well, I do frequent partial water changes for this but it’s not effecting the water ph, amonnia or nitrate cycle.

Attachments

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I do not see any evidence of ich.
Personally, I think you have a great betta!

I would continue with the water changes, and get the water clear again
If you are really worried, just crank up the heat to a maximum of 84 - 86, that'll kill off ich.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't see any ich maybe there is I would put some salt in the aquarium half the dose you would normally do and crank up the temperature to speed up the ichs life cycle so they die faster. For medication I recommend cupramine.

Elisa

Reaction score
Fanatic said:
I do not see any evidence of ich.
Personally, I think you have a great betta!

I would continue with the water changes, and get the water clear again
If you are really worried, just crank up the heat to a maximum of 84 - 86, that'll kill off ich.
Thank you so much his colors got so much brighter when I got him it’s hard to tell in the picture though. I will do that just to be sure!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Elisa said:
Thank you so much his colors got so much brighter when I got him it’s hard to tell in the picture though. I will do that just to be sure!
Since he doesn't really have ich, I wouldn't go past 84.
You should leave it that way for no longer than a day or two. Constant heat speeds up metabolism and shortens a lifespan.

Elisa

Reaction score
OneLittleBubble said:
I don't see any ich maybe there is I would put some salt in the aquarium half the dose you would normally do and crank up the temperature to speed up the ichs life cycle so they die faster. For medication I recommend cupramine.
Thank you very much! I’ll do that just Incase. I know it’s hard to see but it’s a faint white dot.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If there is ich and it gets work use cupramine it's awesome for this kind of stuff and make sure to take the carbon out of the filter

Elisa

Reaction score
OneLittleBubble said:
If there is ich and it gets work use cupramine it's awesome for this kind of stuff and make sure to take the carbon out of the filter
Thank you

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom