Does My Betta Have Dropsy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercyX

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi everybody!

He randomly got popeye out of nowhere. Clean tank and no changes in envirmonet etc. He got it once a while back and I learned my lesson. So I had what I used to take care of it last time and day 3 everything seems to be looking better with his eye.. Anyways I'm not sure but are his scales pointing outward? I'm thinking popeye is a symptom of dropsy? Any help would be great! Thanks.

Attachments

Samantha100113

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
None of my bettas have had dropsy, but from the pictures I have seen online, you can tell by looking from the top of the betta and its body makes like a small pine cone shape.

OP
MercyX

MercyX

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok i knew it was something about pinecone looking shapes. Looking down at the betta he looks smooth as can be. Maybe I can get a shot but he is camera shy, won't stay still.

Samantha100113

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Ok i knew it was something about pinecone looking shapes. Looking down at the betta he looks smooth as can be. Maybe I can get a shot but he is camera shy, won't stay still.
Yeah, sorry I couldn't be more help. I have never had a betta with his scales facing outward, or more outward than usual. I think he should be fine if he is acting like he usually does.

OP
MercyX

MercyX

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Whew. Ok thank you both very much! I rescued him from a bad owner and wanted him to have a good life.. i kind of spoil him. Not really a fish person but I'm an animal person either way so I want to make sure this lil fella isn't suffering. I'm going to keep a close eye on him, he's acting normal as can be. Again thanks for the speedy help!!

Edit - I thought dropsy was a symptom of kidney failure? Thought I read that when I was reading up on popeye when he first got it.

AllieSten

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I am not sure if it is the lighting, but his fins look like they have a gold dusting on them. This could be velvet. Maybe a few more pictures if you can get any. Or research velvet and see if it applies.

OP
MercyX

MercyX

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He has had the gold since I got him. I looked into that when I first got him. I thought the same thing. Some betta come with a little gold I had read, right? Anyways thank you! I'll try to get some better pics for people to see just to be safe though!

AllieSten

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
He has had the gold since I got him. I looked into that when I first got him. I thought the same thing. Some betta come with a little gold I had read, right? Anyways thank you! I'll try to get some better pics for people to see just to be safe though!
Ohhh good! Glad to hear that. I've heard velvet is super hard to treat.

Hope everything turns out ok. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom