Does my betta have a disease?

1. Darling107 Initiate Member

I just got a betta fish about a week ago, he seemed to be fine and active. Now all he seems to do is sleep or go to the bottom. He still eats the flakes and bloodworms i feed him. I have also just noticed some fuzzy white/grey stuff on his face. Is he sick? I tried to look up what he could possibly have and i feel its either ick or Velvet. please help me so i can treat him as soon as possible. thanks!
    Jenna

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

3. Darling107 Initiate Member

Thank you for replying so quick. I went to the site you gave me but its hard to determine what he might have. I can't figure out if he really has white/grey fuzzy spots on him, its kinda like he is discolored on his face. I just cleaned the tank and everything in it. i used the bowl fuzz to make the water safe. I have a 1 gallon tank with air and a light which also helps the water stay warm.

4. Darling107 Initiate Member

Also when i look at it, his left eye is swollen.

5. Durbkat Member Member

He most likley has pop eye and a fungus. So what you can do is to treat him with jungle fungus clear (jfc) And Maracen 2. But be sure to treat for one diease at a time.

6. Neen Member Member

I was looking at this site & found some information about my alkalinity question (KH). Very helpful. It explains how your alkalinity affects your ability to keep your ph stable. I saved that info. because I will have to read it more than once to understand completely. ;) Great site.

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member