Does my betta have a disease?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Darling107, Aug 22, 2005.

1. D

Darling107 New Member Member

I just got a betta fish about a week ago, he seemed to be fine and active. Now all he seems to do is sleep or go to the bottom. He still eats the flakes and bloodworms i feed him. I have also just noticed some fuzzy white/grey stuff on his face. Is he sick? I tried to look up what he could possibly have and i feel its either ick or Velvet. please help me so i can treat him as soon as possible. thanks!
    Jenna

2. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

It sounds like fungus. How about looking at this disease list and seeing if you could narrow it down:

3. OP
    OP
    D

Thank you for replying so quick. I went to the site you gave me but its hard to determine what he might have. I can't figure out if he really has white/grey fuzzy spots on him, its kinda like he is discolored on his face. I just cleaned the tank and everything in it. i used the bowl fuzz to make the water safe. I have a 1 gallon tank with air and a light which also helps the water stay warm.

4. OP
    OP
    D

Also when i look at it, his left eye is swollen.

5. D

Durbkat Valued Member Member

He most likley has pop eye and a fungus. So what you can do is to treat him with jungle fungus clear (jfc) And Maracen 2. But be sure to treat for one diease at a time.

6. N

Neen New Member Member

I was looking at this site & found some information about my alkalinity question (KH). Very helpful. It explains how your alkalinity affects your ability to keep your ph stable. I saved that info. because I will have to read it more than once to understand completely. ;) Great site.

7. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

There is also this site that is just for bettas.

Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice