Does It Matter Whether It's A T5 , T8 Or Anything?

Rack

Found some cheap, 4$ 10W fluorescent lamp, It's Chinese made and doesn't state what type it is, just written on it "Aquarium tube". Is this a good deal or I'm better off buying the T5? I'm setting up a low light planted 15 gallon, so I would need two of the 10w bulb. Also, is a 30W T8 too much?

Aquaphobia

Do you know what the colour temperature is? It will be a 4-digit number with the letter "K" on the end of it.

Rack

Do you know what the colour temperature is? It will be a 4-digit number with the letter "K" on the end of it.
It's not written on it, there is another led tube that has a 6500-7000 K, would that work? Color is white.

Aquaphobia

The LED is the right range but are there any other details about that one? The fluorescent light, does it say what colour the light is, cool white or daylight or something?

Rack

The LED is the right range but are there any other details about that one? The fluorescent light, does it say what colour the light is, cool white or daylight or something?
Yes it does state "Day light".

Aquaphobia

That might be ok for low light plants. The T5 will give out slightly more intense light than the T8 but it won't make that much of a difference for low light needs.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CraniumRex
Replies
Views
BlackOsprey
Replies
Views
bubblynutter
Replies
Views