Does hornwort prevent algea growth?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by ssubbie1231, Dec 1, 2012.

1. s

ssubbie1231 New Member Member

I have a 15 gallion tank with some new hornwort and 4 otocinclus will the hornwort inhibit the growth of algea to the point it will starve my otos? I also put zucchini and algea wafers in daily.

2. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

My hornwort has yet to starve mine in my 30 gallon hornwort is a great oxygen producer too.

3. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

mine has yet to do much Algae control either... I have 6 otos and tons of algae growth :) but your lucky mine won't touch fresh veggies, yet.

4. carolo43

carolo43 Valued Member Member

5. s

skjl47 Valued Member Member

Hello; I have had algae growing on hornwort as wellas the surfaces of a tank at the same time.

6. N

Nickatx1 New Member Member

i had hornwart for the first six months of my 26 gallon it did wonders for my water quality and should in theory battle algae growth as it is very greedy with nutrients. however i dont know if it works out that way in practice. the only reason i got rid of it was because it was constantly breaking apart and clogging my filter. ended up being more hassle than anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice