Does His Eyes Look Normal?

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So I got him a few days ago. He's in a five gallon and I do water changes to keep my parameters normal. I can't tell if this is how his eyes are supposed to look or if something is wrong with him. My female Betta is fine. Nothing wrong with her at all. Sorry for the quality. Outside of my glass is dirty from yesterday's water change and He doesn't like to stay still. He does have a little bit of cloudiness in them and a little bit of white at the top, but he is responsive. He sees food and flares at my finger and his reflection. Is it Popeye? How can I treat it without meds?
20180501_182148.jpg
20180501_182055.jpg

20180427_220607.jpg
also, does his fins look normal?

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, looks like pop-eye. And FYI that is not an actual disease, but rather it's usually from bacteria, and fluid build up behind the eyes. The fish's eyes bulge out and can appear, and usually appear cloudy. I would isolate him and then get some Erythromycin from API and also add some epsom salt.

Mifuluhu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cloudy eyes are for sure a problem. If he’s otherwise acting normal I would just do WC’s extra often and keep an eye on him. I had a boy who scraped his eye on decor and it stayed swollen and cloudy the rest of his life....which was over a year after the incident.

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mifuluhu said:
Cloudy eyes are for sure a problem. If he’s otherwise acting normal I would just do WC’s extra often and keep an eye on him. I had a boy who scraped his eye on decor and it stayed swollen and cloudy the rest of his life....which was over a year after the incident.
That's so sad as long as he was okay otherwise.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom