Does Heat Cause Fish Food To Go Bad?

Paige98

Valued Member
Reaction score
I had to move everything because my house had to be treated for bed bugs. So I put my fish food in my car and I’m trying to feed my fish and he chewed up two pellets and spit them both back out. Could the heat from my car have caused them to go bad?

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
it is a very possible. does it say in wht temp to store it? if so, and says in a cool plce, i would say it went bad. or prehaps you fishy friend isnt in the mood for them lol

dwarfpufferlover

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If anything you could try switching it up and getting something new.

When it gets hot in the car, heat slowly breaks things down so I'd just get another.

Have lost many tobacco products from heat kinda similar in a way. Probably a good thing.

Ms rose said:
it is a very possible. does it say in wht temp to store it? if so, and says in a cool plce, i would say it went bad. or prehaps you fishy friend isnt in the mood for them lol
I have been wanting to try bug bites for him so maybe I’ll order those and just pitch these to be safe.

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thats probably the smartest thing to do, rather be safe then sorry. sorry i dont have a more definative answer, but i think you are making the correct choice

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The humidity is what ruins the food, so the heat from the car may have made the humidity in the food bottle worse.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom