Does He Have Velvet? Important

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by alex0429, Apr 18, 2018.

1. a

alex0429 Valued Member Member

I noticed he had a little yellowish thing under his chin that wasn't there before. So I shined a flashlight and his fins look shimmery but don't really know if it's velvet or his color. His behavior is normal. Eating normally. Sorry the picture aren't that good he kept swimming. 20180418_142542.jpg 20180418_142600.jpg

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

It's not velvet, you fish is very constipated and looks like a case of fin rot. de shelled peas will help with the constipation problem. I recommend marcyrn 2 for the fin rot. you could also add garlic to his food which will boost the immune system. Adding indian almond leaves to the water will help, but the most important thing for him is clean water. Unclean water probably gave him fin rot in the first place.

3. OP
    OP
    a

I'm not really sure on the fin rot cuz his fins are actually growing. I do agree on the constipation though. I do regular water changes so don't think the fin rot would be due to dirty water

4. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

How long have you had him. Could of been the stores water being dirty. 98% of the cases with fin rot is poor water conditions.

5. OP
    OP
    a

A couple months ago. Could it just have been getting worse since then? Or should it have gone away by now?

6. phantom

phantom Valued Member Member

short answer no but I think there's still a problem sry

7. WanhiBetta

WanhiBetta Valued Member Member

Could you take a closer picture of his head? Velvet im my opinion is easier to see on betta's head than fins... I'm currently treating my betta for velvet and it looks like this
    IMG_1037.JPG IMG_1055.JPG

8. OP
    OP
    a

I found out the yellow thing under his stomach was a fish louse. Is it possible that that could be making his fins like that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice