Does He Have Velvet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex0429

Valued Member
Reaction score
I noticed he had a little yellowish thing under his chin that wasn't there before. So I shined a flashlight and his fins look shimmery but don't really know if it's velvet or his color. His behavior is normal. Eating normally. Sorry the picture aren't that good he kept swimming.
20180418_142542.jpg
20180418_142600.jpg

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's not velvet, you fish is very constipated and looks like a case of fin rot. de shelled peas will help with the constipation problem. I recommend marcyrn 2 for the fin rot. you could also add garlic to his food which will boost the immune system. Adding indian almond leaves to the water will help, but the most important thing for him is clean water. Unclean water probably gave him fin rot in the first place.

alex0429

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's not velvet, you fish is very constipated and looks like a case of fin rot. de shelled peas will help with the constipation problem. I recommend marcyrn 2 for the fin rot. you could also add garlic to his food which will boost the immune system. Adding indian almond leaves to the water will help, but the most important thing for him is clean water. Unclean water probably gave him fin rot in the first place.
I'm not really sure on the fin rot cuz his fins are actually growing. I do agree on the constipation though. I do regular water changes so don't think the fin rot would be due to dirty water

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How long have you had him. Could of been the stores water being dirty. 98% of the cases with fin rot is poor water conditions.

alex0429

Valued Member
Reaction score
How long have you had him. Could of been the stores water being dirty. 98% of the cases with fin rot is poor water conditions.
A couple months ago. Could it just have been getting worse since then? Or should it have gone away by now?

phantom

Valued Member
Reaction score
short answer no but I think there's still a problem sry

WanhiBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Could you take a closer picture of his head? Velvet im my opinion is easier to see on betta's head than fins... I'm currently treating my betta for velvet and it looks like this
IMG_1037.JPG
IMG_1055.JPG

alex0429

Valued Member
Reaction score
I found out the yellow thing under his stomach was a fish louse. Is it possible that that could be making his fins like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 39 63.9%

Top Bottom