Does Dr. Tims liquid ammonia expire?

Fishstery
Title says it all, I have a bottle of Dr tims liquid ammonia that's about 4 years old left over from my fishless cycling days, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if it expires or looses potency? I'm looking to use it to keep some emergency sponge filters cycled in an empty hospital/QT tank.

mattgirl
I wouldn't think so as long as it was sealed up. Is there a best by date on the bottle? If not then I have to think it is good until all used.

Fishstery
mattgirl said:
I wouldn't think so as long as it was sealed up. Is there a best by date on the bottle? If not then I have to think it is good until all used.
I looked all over the bottle and couldn't find one. I did noticed there is a white crusty buildup around the cap though. They also changed the design of the bottle since I bought it..which definitely shows the age of my bottle lol! I tried doing a quick Google search and didn't find an answer, I was wondering if one of the other members knew or asked Dr. Tim which I know at least back in the day he would respond to emails about his products.

Latest threads

Top Bottom