Does daed bonsai tree rot?

Asomeone

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
That depends on the bonsai itself. How long has it been dead? Where was it kept? Is there any growth? I would personally bake the tree at 250-300 while...and i stress this...STARING into the oven to ensure no smoke or burning, for at least an hour and a half, if not longer. Max 3 hours but the goal is to get all moisture out of the tree.

MrFishkeeper1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
How can you tell how long it has been dead, and what exactly do you mean by kept like in a moist room? Where I bought it from?

Asomeone

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Did you buy it from an aquarium store? If you did its likely already dried and ready for aquarium use.
I thought you just had a bonsai die and were like hey now thats its dead can i put it in the tank.
Its hard to tell but. One of the signs is the softness of the wood. like youre able to dig a junk of it out with just your fingernail. If its super soft its likely not all that dry.
The method I use but I assume would be rather difficult with a bonsai tree is to cut into the thickest part of the wood and observe for anything green or moist.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom